Chapter Twelve: The Letter

Ayano's POV:

My vision is dark. I can't feel anything. But I only hear the familiar voice again, a male voice with a bored tone. He's talking to a woman. I don't know what's going on. I slowly open my eyes and adjust my vision. First, I saw the ceiling...and glance on my left side, I saw the view of the city and I know I'm looking at the glass of the window.

"Where am I?" I asked myself in a weak tone. I glanced to my right and I saw the familiar bald man leaving on a door. Without thinking, I immediately get up and stretch my arms to reach him "Wai-- *Stings*" My nerves react in my whole body. I cried in pain and I heard the nurse gasp and run towards me.

"Oh my gosh! Don't push yourself, Ma'am. Just relax your body." She carefully laid me down in bed.

"Where am I?"

"You're here at the hospital Ma'am. You've got lost conscious in 3 days" '

3 DAYS!? Oh no! This is bad! I haven't fed Ruki in 3 days! I'm sure she's so hungry!'

"3 days ago, when you suddenly lost consciousness, the paramedics immediately brought you here to the hospital. We check your body and it's in critical condition. Your internal organs got so many bruises, your ribs cracked a bit, your arms have deep scratches, and most of us are worried about it, you almost lose blood. We thought our operation process was that hard...but THANK GOD, our operation was so easy due to your whole body suddenly recovering itself. So after our operation, we put some bandages on your body."

'I see...that's why my whole body feels tightened.' While I'm looking at my body...pure bandages. I look like a mummy.

"Oh! The person earlier...brought you those..bananas." I turned my head on the table and saw the bananas. "Plus... he's the one who caught you when you were unconscious, the paramedics saw it and told us."

I was surprised when she said that. Saitama caught me when I passed out? I should thank him...but he already left.

"I-I see...thank you for giving more information to me."

"You're Welcome Ma'am." the nurse bows and walks out.

I grabbed the bunch of bananas and picked one. I peeled and ate it. So delicious, this is the first time I ate bananas again. I looked at the window while eating and I saw Saitama walking on the streets while placing his hands in his hoodie pocket. '

How can I thank him for that? He already left.'

I heard a knock. I glanced to my right and I saw... Bang carrying my emergency backpack. I smiled at him and also gave him a confused look.

"Yo, Aya-chan. Are you feeling well now?"

"*Sigh* Little bit. And hey Grandpaps, that's my emergency bag."

"I know. I brought you some of your clothes and put them in here. About your black cat, don't worry about her. I fed her already since you're here at the hospital. My goodness Aya-chan can you move with that? You look like...a mummy *chuckles*"

"Haha, just laugh if you want. And thanks Grandpaps."

"No problem Aya-chan" he taps my head, which makes me blush a little. Until he noticed the bananas on the table. "Wow, those are fresh bananas. Who gave you those bananas over there?"I glance at the bananas and smiled "The nurse said that the bald man gave me those bananas"

"Ohh, I knew it. You also knew that it was Saitama-Kun, am I correct?" Bang smiled at me.

"Yeah but sadly, I haven't thanked him because *sigh* he immediately left."