Chapter Six

Yonderly:
mentally or emotionally distant; absent-minded 

Fariha

Sports. I really like them, except for swimming and biking. When I say I don't like to swim, I mean I don't lie to swim. There is no point in having it in school, I mean sure, you need to know how to if you ever comes in a situations where you are about to drown. But I rarely go to the beach to swim or anything really. Then for biking. When do you want to compete to cycle down a hill, that's just ridiculous and you can get really hurt to. The speed of a bicycle can come up to the same as a car in some situations, but you are more likely to fall off the bike than that the car  makes a volt. If you fall of the bike in a high speed without any protection you will get really hurt for a long time. So I like sports, except for swimming and biking. Thats why I always have my gem bag to school, I have a ton of sports activities after and during school and that's why I always carry my gym bag with me. Thats what I tell everyone and that is what I want to believe myself. 

"Eyy, Mohamed pass the ball" a boy voice shouts.

I wake from my thoughts and look up to the boy infront of me. He stokes the black hair away from his dark eyes and the sweat is very visibly on his forehead. It's one of the boys I have known for a long time and he have become very tall since the first time I saw him. The thing is, he know my last name isn't Mohamed, but he insist on calling me that. I kick ball over to him and he takes it in his hands. He starts going back to the field. 

"No problem, Lee" I say sarcastic and hear how snorts.

"You started it" I shout after him. 

Two common last name and most used when trying to upset people like us. We are both form groups in this society that people look down at. Im muslim and he is asian. In some way, when we tease each other with those name we win something and we don't let the bullies comes to us. 

"Whats up?" Pila asks me.

"What between me and Minh? Nothing, we are friends" I say and turn to my friend. 

Pila is really one of a kind to put in words and I don't know if it good or bad. She can be a bit to forward and don't alway thinks about the consequences. In that way she reminds me of Zoe, but Pila is nothing like her and I hope she never will be. Pila is nice and well I don't want to speak bad of the dead so I will be quiet. 

"No, not with him or well that's another thing we will discuss later but that's not that. I mean you seem a bit absent minded today or actually this whole week and I don't understand why" 

"It's nothing"

"You can't lie to me. So tell me what's bothering you"

I take a breath to calm me down. There is no easy way for me to talk about anything, I mean I'm lying to my family 50% of the time and they have never caught me in a lie. They see a perfect daughter, but Pila just sees me and sometimes that is scary. 

"Flower" I say and Pila gets a confused face.

"What?"

"Hemera, flower. Thats what we call her. She is back"

"Oh" 

Pilas facial expracion rats her out and I can't blame her. I might not talk about what really happened a year ago and she never asked. Because she went to this school too and she have heard a lot of gossip like everyone else. Thats how we become friends, cause she was tried of hearing so many different storys about a dead girl that she one practice come up to me and straight up asked if every story was true. I said no and the she shouted to the rest of the team to shut the fuck up about the dead girl cause otherwise she would make them. Her words not mine and I appreciate it a lot. Pila have never said her own opinion on Hemera to me, but I don't think we share the same once. Because she know I will blame everything on our flower instead of thinking in her perspective. But come on, she left without notice and removed us all from her life. She never told us why she left, now she is back and looking like that. Pretending everything will be fine between us. I shake my head in disbelief of my own thoughts. Off in this universe did I have so high thoughts about someone I don't even recognize anymore. 

"Why are we even studying here?" I say trying to change the subject.

And like that the air between us I cleared. Pila nearly starts to laugh off my question and I realize that the question really is stupid. But not obvious if you not know Pila like I do, sometimes I wonder how I could be the one called smart. 

"Cause sweating boys makes me focus and the work. And there are no hot girls to check out except for you. But you are a no, no, cause you are my friend"

"Sometimes I forget that you like girls" I say as a joke and the both of us start to laugh a bit.

Even if we laugh I have an acing feeling in my stomach from thinking of my old friend too much. Maybe the party at Friday or tonight actually can get me at other thoughts. Just being in the sam room as drunk teenagers make me a bit high and that a feeling I like to have sometimes. Even if I don't drink. When other people let loose when they are drinking I can do the same without drinking at all. Cause most of the people at the party will probably not remember what happens later at night when they are black out drunk. Those people who have had a little to much to drink is all fun til you step in their vomit or something else. 

"Still up for the party tonight?" I ask Pila and she takes on of her hand over her heart.

Did I mention that she does theatre? She does that when she plays upset and hurt. I don't think she ever done that when she is really sad for real. 

"I never miss a party, Mohamed. Well that was weird, I think I leave that to your suitor" she answers.

"Not my suitor"

Lying to my parents is something I have been really god at or I don't really lie to them I just don't tell them the whole truth. I told them I will step over at Pila and that is the truth. It's just that I never said what we where going to do before we went to sleep. So when Pila comes to pick me up in her old car, I put my bag in the backseat and wave my parents goodbye and goodnight. Well at least they won't worry that I will get drunk as all the other kids, I will just pretend and that is nearly as bad. The only negativ thing with that is I will remember every little detail about the night the day after. Pila turns up the music as the hit the road to the first party at the year and probably the one everyone will talk about. Everyone will be there and I just hope I don't bumps into someone I don't want to talk to.