C h a p t e r 1 8

"So we're here." Sai said as we stop at a bench in the park.

"Why here?" I asked.

"Don't you remember?"

"Hmmm well we used to wait for Naruto here when we are about to leave for a mission." I tried remembering the times we spent in this place.

"Exactly." He smiled at me. His face was shinning while the sun was brightly setting in.

"So?" I questioned.

"Remember when we were heading for Kirigakure? And while waiting for Naruto we talked about the experience you and him had before. You talked about how great of a person he is even if he is most of the time stupid and ignorant, we also talked about Sasuke. You told me that he was always bickering with Naruto and how cold and distant he is and even beyond that he always cared about everyone's welfare in the team... You were talking about them at that time but right at that moment I knew more about you than I knew more about those people who we were talking about. I saw how you truly cared about them and I saw how beautiful your heart truly is. And I thought, if I could have that beauty in my life then surely I could endure the worst times." His words were said perfectly in rhythm of the fading sun and as the birds were dancing on the sky along with the wind whose swaying itself.

"S-Sai.. I don't know what to say." I said.

"Just tell me your honest thoughts Sakura."

"Honestly, I had never seen you like that. I've never thought you like me like that, But Sai, I was thinking about us lately and I think we could give it a try. We could start at ... dating ?"

"So it's a yes?" He said with a brimming smile on his face.

"No. Not like that. I mean if you could wait before I can fully decide but we can start dating."

"Oh. Well that's enough for now though." He grabbed my hands and engulfed me with a hug. I felt warm and safe with it.

"Let's eat dinner?" I broke the silence.

"Oh sure. Come I discovered some place to eat." He pulled me and we headed at the restaurant he was talking about.

--------

"Tsunade-sama, why did you call us here?" I was inside Tsunade's hokage room. She summoned me and Sai here for some unknown reasons.

"Well, as both of you have known Obito has been serving his sentence for the crimes he has made. But recently he is being attended by Kabuto and Shizune about some health problems he has experienced. They have run through test to check what was really happening and Kabuto has now concluded the results..." She explained but the tone of her voice seemed worried.

"Is he dying?" Sai bluntly spoke up.

"Yes. Obito's health is slowly deteriorating. Maybe this was the result of his overuse of Sharingan. His body is has reached it's limit. Sakura, Obito is currently confined at Iwagakure. I want you to go to him and Itachi, heal him first and if his able to travel accompany them back here at Konoha." I don't know what to say to this. It does not seem to register in my brain.

"Hai." Both of my voice and Sai's voice echoed the walls of Tsunade-sama's office.

"Leave tonight. I already informed Shizune and the hospital. I allowed Kabuto to replace your rounds for a few days. It'll give him some chance to get converse with other people." We nodded and exited.

"Woah! This is the first mission we'll have as a couple!" Sai said in jubilee. I instantly punched his freaking face!

"Are you stupid! Don't you understand that this mission is hard? We are the ones whose going to tell Kakashi-sensei that Obito is dying! You're such an idiot Sai!" I shouted into his face. I am really really pissed right now, I don't know if it's because Sai said something foolish or it's because I got consumed by the pain of knowing Sensei will loose someone dear to him. I started to cry and break down as we reach the the door outside the building.