C h a p t e r 16

"Please Sasuke don't go. I'm sorry. I wouldn't ask again." She said trying to stop him.

Sasuke was walking away but then she grabbed his hands. He turned around and consumed her in a hug and kissed her forehead. He was starting to do a technique and said ... "Sakura, forget everything about our recent associations and slowly let go of your feelings towards me."

"No Sasuke-"She wasn't able to continue when the hands of the Uchiha was behind her and knocked her down.

"Be happy Sakura. Sayonara." Then he placed her back on the bed and dressed her up. Sasuke left with pain and anger in his heart.

"This was not how it's supposed to be but maybe it's for the best."

—end of flashback—

"Hey ugly!" Sai called me out as I was going out of the hospital.

"Eh? Why are you here?" I asked him.

"Nothing, I just thought of dropping by to you." He said with a warm smile. Sai is acting weird lately. He sometimes drops by and walks me home.

"Ehhhh. You're getting creepier and creepier each day."

"That's so mean ugly, well I just thought that since Kakashi & Naruto aren't here to watch over you then I will just watch over you."

"I can watch over myself you know."

"Well not around Sasuke."

"Wa-what are you talking about? Of course I can manage well even with Sasuke. Let's stop talking about him okay?"

"Okay. Wanna go eat some ramen?"

"Okay." I don't know what's gotten over me why I keep on nudging the thought of Sasuke in my mind. Whenever everybody's bringing him up, it's like I am compelled to do stop thinking about him. We reached Ichiraku's ramen store and then I saw Ino & Shikamaru eating ramen together and they were like talking about something important.

"Hey Blonde!" Sai called out to the pair.

"Sakura-chan!" Ino looked at me and was like a little bit embarrassed by what me and Sai witnessed.

"So you're already dating ey?" Sai teased them then Shikamaru bolted and clinched on Sai's shirt.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Shikamaru shouted at Sai, he was so mad already.

"Nee Shika stop it!" Ino and I rushed to the two shinobi's side and tried pulling them apart.

"Sai, don't fight back to him." I whispered to him to calm him down.

"What's your problem bro' I was just teasing you and Ino and if you don't like it then I'm sorry okay? Just chill!" Sai shouted back at him.

 "So-sorry." Shikamaru was ashamed by the stunt he had just done. He retreated back to his chair and sulk.

"Gome Sakura and Sai." Ino looked apologetic and like a cloud of dark skies was hovering towards them.

"It's fine." Sai said it and tried to put up a bright smile and then left us to order some ramen.

"Hey." I rushed to Ino's side and took her hand. "What's wrong? Is there something bothering you? Do you have a problem?"

"Sakura-chan .." Tears were now forming into her eyes. "I'm –"

"Shut up Ino, don't just go telling them about that, we're not even sure if that's true." Shikamaru said coldly.

"What's the problem Ino-chan? Why the hell are you constraining her to tell me anything Shika? I'm her friend and I have the right to know." I retorted to him.

"It doesn't concern you anyways." He said it nonchalantly.

"The hell-" I was supposed to grab Shikamaru's collar then Ino stopped me.

"I'm pregnant Sakura-chan." Ino blurted out.

"WHAT?! HOW?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Shikamaru spoke again in a sarcastic tone.

"You bastard!" I punched his face and he went flying a few meters away. "I will never forgive you." I shouted at him.

"Sakura-chan. It's not Shikamaru's fault it's both our fault and besides we are in a relationship so its okay."

"It's okay?! How can you say it's okay and then you look like you are going to die?" I shouted at her.

"Let's go talk somewhere; there are people who can hear us here." Sai was behind us and he dragged us both in the arms and went were Shikamaru was.

"Let me go." I said to him when we reached Shikamaru.

"It's not yet confirmed though." Shika said silently.

"What if it is? What will you do Shikamaru? Will you marry her?"

"I said it's not yet confirmed! So just shut your mouth!" Shika shouted at me in anger and tried to bolt towards me.

"What's wrong with you Shika?! Why are you shouting at everybody?" Sai was angered by what Shika was about to do.

"Shikamaru, you don't have to father my child. I can raise him on my own. I can leave Konoha and stay away so me and the child can't be a bother from you." Ino's voice was shaking but was definite. A play of pain and determination can be heard from its tone.

"What?! Are you fucking stupid? I'm gonna marry you and I'm going to be there for you and the baby! It'll be a hard choice but it will be the one I'm going to choose. I love you even before Ino and I will never take down the opportunity to live the rest of my life with you." Shikamaru's tears were slowly dripping from his eyes and my heart was like a candle that was ignited with a love full of desire which came from Shikamaru. Both Sai and I felt the sincerity and love in Shika's words. Slowly Sai grabbed my hand and pulled me away from them, we decided to retreat from their moment.

"Well I guess we can't eat some ramen today." Sai said with his cool smile.

"Yeah, but you know even if it was kind of chaotic earlier but I'm still happy with the outcome." I replied.

"They are a good pair though; Shika is such a bastard while Ino is such a tiger."

"Stop it you baka!"

"Okay. Hey why don't we just go to my place and I will be the one to cook ramen for the two of us?" Sai said not even thinking that it's pretty awkward if I come into his house.

"Ehhhh? Ano .. Sai ... Ahhhh" I was embarrassed by his invitation.

"It's just dinner Sakura don't make it such a big of a deal."

"Ahhh okay let's go." I finally agreed.

Now that I think about it, I've never went to Sai's place. The thought of it is making me blush.

"Neh Sai, how many girls have you bought in here?" I joked at him as we enter his apartment to ease the building up of tension in me.

"Well, you're the first one to have been here." He answered. This made me blush more and turn into a tomato. "Sakura, you can just sit here on the sofa while I cook at the kitchen it will only take 30 minutes, can you still hold it?

"Yeah I'm fine, just don't try to poison me." I said as he left towards his kitchen.