C h a p t e r 23 ( Special Story)

Ikutsu namida o nagashitara

Every heart

Sunao ni nareru darou

Dare ni omoi tsutaetara

Every heart

Kokoro mita sareru no darou

Nagai nagai yoru ni obieteita

Tooi hoshi ni inotteta

Meguru meguru toki no naka de

Bokutachi wa ai o sagashiteiru

Tsuyoku tsuyoku naritai kara

Kyou mo takaisora miageteiru

I woke up in that afternoon with the sound of the radio playing that song.

"Round and round in looping time we are searching for love"

The memory of him came to my mind. The feelings I have not conveyed, the love I was not aware of, until now. I imagined and the moments we could have spend together. The days we could have had training, going through mission and ... the possibility of being his.

"Neji ..." I was holding back my tears as I uttered his name but still a tear escaped and run through my cheeks.

"Hey!"

A voice called out behind me. I wipe off the tears in my eyelids.

"What are you doing?"

This voice! It's impossible. I quickly turned around to see who it was.

"Ne...NEJI?!" I screamed as I saw him on the door step of my room. This can't be real. I rushed towards him and enveloped him in a hug. "I can feel you!"

"Woah! Hold on." He smiled warmly and placed his hands on my shoulder.

"I thought ... I .." I don't know if I'm gonna continue with what I am about to say but there was something in me that didn't want to spoil with what's going on. I maybe dreaming.

"You thought what?" He asked confused.

"I thought I lost you." I buried my face into his chest and I wasn't able to hold back by tears anymore.

"Hey. I was just lost of a few months." Neji wrapped his arms around me. "I did not know you could miss me this much."

"You idiot! You don't know how much I missed you." This could be a dream or my imagination but I couldn't careless anymore. As long as Neji is here with me. I will not question whatever the cause of this.

He slowly moved his head and then whispered on my ears and said "Tadaima Tenten."

This made my heart hurt so bad. My feelings are flowing and are overwhelming me. "Okaeri Neji-kun."

We stood there hugging each other for a moment until his stomach suddenly sounded.

Grrrrrrrrrrr*

"Gome. That's my stomach growling. I'm hungry." He said in a cool and embarrassed way.

"Oh! I'll cook herring soba for you. Come, let's go to the kitchen." I pulled his hands to follow me but he seemed to halt. "What's wrong?"

"Tenten, you are wearing your sleeping garments and I'm seeing the things that I'm not supposed to." I was very shocked and at the same way ashamed that I hit him in his head.