Chapter 8

This was it, there I was standing in the mirror as Evie brought me my dress. "Ta dah!" She said as she pulled out a beautiful pink dress with clam shells made from fabric as they were all different colors. "Oh my! Wow! Evie it's perfect!" I said as I hugged her happy. She helped me put it on and I smiled. She fixed my hair and put my tiara on. "You look like a sea princess." She said as Uma gasped as she walked into the room. "Mel! You look amazing!" She said as she hugged me. "I'm glad you said that because yours is purple and it's the same style! Also your hair needs a special design. I've got this girl." Evie said as she put the dress on Uma. She fixed Uma's hair. "You look like a sea princess too!" I said as I hugged her. "You ready to do this?" She asked me as Evie got dressed and got behind me. Uma took out her phone. "Are you ready?" Uma asked as she put it on speaker. "Ready. On Three! Okay?" Jay said. "Okay see you." Uma said as she hung up. "One." I said with a smile. "Two." Harry said as he took a deep breath. "Three!" We both said as the door opened and we met face to face as we took hands and stood in front of everyone. "Introducing Princess Melody And Mr. Harry Hook." The announcer said as they all clapped happily. "Ready?" I asked him. "Yep." He said as we walked to our place at the table. "Thank you everyone for coming tonight to celebrate the engagement of my beautiful granddaughter Melody and her Fiancé Harry. I'm so happy for the both of you. Would anybody like to say some words to the couple?" My grandad asked. My mom took the mic first. I smiled and held Harry's hand. "Your father and I are very excited and happy for the both of you! Harry is a great gentleman, at first your father and I were doubting this relationship, but the more we got to see you two together and got to know Harry better. We knew you were meant to be. To Melody and Harry!" My mom said as everyone clapped. "My turn." Mal said as she took the mic. "Mel, I have to admit we made fun of your carriage, and laughed when you hid. We thought you were weird, but as time passed by we all learned how great of a friend you are. You're a great friend. You make us all laugh and smile. Your relationship with Harry went from complete strangers to this beautiful romantic one, in such a short period of time. You truly love Harry and Harry loves you. I love you girl." Mal said as I clapped and everyone did. "I'm next." Uma said happily. "Mel, oh god it's been one heck of an adventure for us both. We went from foes to best friends. You've forgiven me every single time I messed up, most people wouldn't. They'd end the friendship. But you never gave up on me. You're like my sister. Sea sisters. And besties for life. Harry is a great guy. He has a big heart. The first time you looked into each other's eyes I knew, you both were in love. To my bestie Mel and Harry!" Uma said as I sniffed. "Don't cry Mel." I said to myself. "I guess I'm next." Harry said as he took the mic and we turned in our chairs, Harry took my hand in his. "Melody. My beautiful Mel. I've met a lot of girls at this school, but when we first locked eyes my heart knew you were the one. Your collection of amazing things, and your love of the sea. All this time I thought you only saw me as a pirate, but I was completely wrong, you see me, not only as a pirate but as a person. You make me happy Mel. You never gave up on me. You help me, you encourage me to do things I've never done. You make me smile. You have this spark in your eyes, you always think of others before you focus on yourself. You showed me how to correctly hold a starfish. You're my whole world! And I couldn't choose anybody else. You're my soul mate Melody." Harry said as I cried softly. "I love you too Harry. I guess it's my turn now." I said as I took the mic. "Harry. You've had my heart ever since you kissed my hand the first day I started here. I saw more than the pirate part. But you've protected me every day. You love me for who I am both on the inside and outside. You make me blush a lot. Your accent is amazing. I fell for you the instant our eyes met. It felt like a magnet brought us together. When I see you with a sword, I'm both impressed and excited. You're the prince I've been waiting for. My knight in shinning armor. My pirate with a hook. I love everything about you. You're special. I was nervous about pirates at first, because to be honest I never met a pirate before. But then I looked past that. And I saw you for you. You helped me when I was sick. You saved me from the ocean. You sat by my side and held my hand. You showed me being a pirate isn't about the stereotypes. It's about going on adventures. And being who you truly are. You've stuck by my side through the good times and the not so good times. I want to thank you for saving my life. I love you Harry Hook. Always and forever." I said as I kissed him happily as everyone clapped. "Now we celebrate!" I said happily as everyone got up and Harry led me to the dance floor. "Hey Mel!" A girl said as I looked at Dizzy. "Dizzy! You made it! And you must be her friend! Don't you both look adorable. real princesses." I said as I hugged Dizzy. "There's food over there and you can dance if you'd like to. Help yourselves! You're my guests. Now go, have some fun!" I Said as they both ran to the food table. "Her friend has a name you know." Harry said with a small smile. "I forgot it! I'm so embarrassed! What was it again... Freddie!" I said as I smiled. Harry pulled me close as we ballroom danced and we looked into each other's eyes. "You don't have your hook." I said as he smiled. "I can go one night without it. I don't want to risk poking you again." He said as he kissed my lips. "I love you." Harry said with a smile. "I love you too." I said as we danced. "Ouch my foot!" I said as Harry bit his lip. "Sorry! I haven't danced in a while." Harry said as his cheeks got red. "It's okay I'll be fine. It was an accident. I forgive you." I said with a smile. I felt a tap on my shoulder. "May I have a dance with my bestie?" Uma asked with a smile. "Of course!" Harry said me and Uma danced together and laughed. "You're the best Mel. I'm so happy for you and Harry. You were meant to be. I didn't see that. I wanted Harry to be with me but I guess that wasn't the plan. I'm sorry for hurting you like that. It was selfish and stupid." She said as she hugged me. "Hey, don't cry on me. This is a happy occasion! If you cry, I'll start crying." I said as she laughed a little. "I was horrible to you." She said as I covered her mouth with my fingers. "That's all in the past Uma, focus on the here and now." I said with a smile.