Chapter 21 - Heart & Mind

As soon as I got in the guards reached Dex, not that it mattered much. He decimated all those around him and stared Dom down once I was inside of the car, breaking the contact to look at me but I turned away from him. I'm pissed at the audacity, how the hell does this man think that he can just get his way with everything. No, not this situation, not this job, and definitely not me. He did look good though.

Dom revved the engine and gunned the car but I don't understand his intent. Dex started shooting up the car as we sped away. At this point, I don't know where the hell Dom is heading because there's no way out and we don't know how the hell the Prince got the car in here, to begin with. Brain and I realized where Dom's heading at the same time, making my heart beat a little too fast for comfort. I looked over at Buster to see him panicking slightly as well.

"Hold onto her Brian." Dom said.

"Kaylee, rip it out." Brian said, wrapping both arms around me.

"Dom, cars don't fly." I stated hysterically as we got closer to the window.

"Dom, cars don't fly!" Brian shouted as Dom hit the gas again and we flew out the window just as Dex shot the car one last time.

"Holy shit!" Brian and I shouted.

Everything felt like it was going in slow motion and I can't get a solid grip. When the car went through the glass window of the next building I felt relieved and then that little bit of relief flew out the window just as easy as we did.

"No brakes." Dom said suddenly.

"What?" I demanded.

"No brakes!" he repeated as we went through the third glass window/wall.

"No, no, no . . . shit!" Brian shouted.

"Kaylee get that thing out." Dom stated.

"Got it!" I said as we crashed through the fourth glass window into the third building and through an art exhibit.

"Get out." Dom ordered.

Brian held onto me tightly and opened the door, I used the adrenaline to help him lunge us from the car. He took the brunt of the fall as we rolled over the ground. The breath just wooshed out of my lungs as I hit something hard, but I honestly can't tell what. It was probably just the floor.

"Are you okay Kaylee? Kaylee!" Brian shouted when I remained silent.

"I just . . . Dominic Toretto, what the hell just happened?" I asked as I sucked in air.

"I don't know." he sighed. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know, is my head attached to my shoulders? Am I bleeding?"

"Yes and yes, just a little bit on your arm." he said, using his shirt to clean it.

"What the hell was that?"

"Good question but are you okay?" he insisted and I know that he isn't referring to our extreme game of leap frog with the skyscrapers.

"I'm fine, seeing him isn't going to change my resolve." I insisted, getting up and brushing off my skirt which miraculously didn't get tarnished, just a bit dirty.

I can tell that they're worried about me but I don't really need them to worry. Dex was there, he . . . did he really expect me to go with him. There's no denying that my heart was telling me to take his hand. I still love him but I can't condone his actions, not that my own are any better. Mad is where I wanna be but I'm not. So much for closing off my dumb, bleeding heart, all it took was seeing him in person again. He's got his name tattooed on my heart and nothing's gonna remove it.