Chapter 6 - Temptation and Desire

"You're beautiful when you blush." he muttered, brushing his thumb over my cheek and then over my bottom lip. "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely . . . spend the night, if you want of course." I replied, placing my hands on his waist.

"I'd love to."

"Shower?"

"You're quite brazen tonight." he smiled.

"I didn't realize until I saw you . . ."

"Just how much I missed you." he interrupted, using the exact words I was going to say.

"I've been on a couple of dates, tried to feel all the fireworks with other men that I feel just by you looking at me. I promise I don't throw myself at every man who . . ."

"You aren't throwing yourself at me. I know that it's been a very long time but we know each other. We're comfortable with each other and that's like muscle memory, you don't just forget it. You haven't changed much in the physical department, just as beautiful as you were at 19." he smiled again.

"Thank you, you haven't changed all that much either. The hair loss is a change though." I smiled.

"I figured if I got rid of it before it all fell out then no one can tell that I'm getting older."

"How old are you, Dex?" I asked when we went back to the sofa.

"Does it matter?"

"No, but I'm curious. Or do you still have to keep secrets?"

"There are still secrets that I have to keep for your safety but this isn't one of them, I'm 38 which, if I'm not mistaken, means you're 33."

"You're not mistaken."

"And just as beautiful now as you were then." he said, brushing his fingers over my cheeks. "I'm going to call my driver to come to pick me up . . ."

"You want . . . okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." I said, smiling to hide the sadness before I kissed his cheek.

"Hey, no, I'm going to get my car and a change of clothes. Tomorrow, if you don't have any plans, I'd like to show you my favorite places in Australia." he quickly stated, turning my head softly so that I would look at him. "If you'll have me here, I don't plan on leaving any time soon love." he moved in closer and pressed a chaste kiss to my lips.

"Okay, I'd like that." I whispered against his lips.

He dipped his head and caught my lips in a deeper kiss. I could smell his cologne and it did things to me, the man is simply delectable and I'm still hungry. I leaned up and started pressing kisses to the side of his neck, his groan being music to my ears.

"You're playing with fire, love." he muttered.

"I don't mind getting burned."

This time as he kissed me he tugged me onto his lap, my legs on either side of his. One of his hands moved down to my ass and he groaned loudly when I ground myself against the growing lump I felt in his jeans.

"Kaylee . . ."

"Right . . . you want to leave." I sighed, pulling back.

"I'm debating my options." he groaned pressing up against me, making me moan. "Mm still one of the sexiest sounds I've ever heard."

"Still leaving?"

"Yes because I want that shower that you offered, wait until I get back." he said softly, caressing my cheek.

"Will do, I'll call my sister while you're gone, that way we'll have no distractions."

"That sounds perfect . . . there's just one problem."