11

Demi's POV

Today is the day of the Halloween party me and Matthew and Sirah are throwing. It's going to be at a big building we rented out, so I'm in the process of getting Mayla's bag packed to spend the night at my parents house. She does sleep over there pretty often, so my mom and dad ended up making her up a little room for her which I thought was cute.

"You going to see Glamma and grandpa tonight baby?" I ask her as she sits in the middle of my bed and she giggles and nods.

"Yeah! Glamma!" She squeals and I smile and bend over to kiss her.

"What are you going to do?" I ask her as I grab her blanket and fold it up. When I got the call that there was a baby that needed a home, the only thing they told me was that she was a girl and the first thing I grabbed before I left to the hospital was my baby blanket that my mom had gotten fixed up for my own baby one day. She has been obsessed with it ever since and she can't fall asleep without it. Mayla started babbling to me about what she was going to do at my parents house and I soon heard the front door open downstairs and I knew it was my mom coming to get her. She soon made her way into my room and I smile and give her a hug as Mayla starts squealing and reaching for her.

"Glamma!" She shouts and I chuckle as my mom picks her up and kisses her.

"Hello my beautiful. Are you coming to stay with me tonight?" My mom says and she nods ecstatically. "Are Matt and Sirah coming to get ready with you?" She asks as she sits down on the chair I have in my room and I nod.

"Yeah. They should be here soon actually. Did you happen to see her llama toy downstairs? She loves that thing." I reply as I try and see if it's my room somewhere.

"I think I saw it on the couch. It's cute, where'd you get it?" She answers and I smile as I finish packing her bag and I zip it up.

"At the board walk a couple months ago." I answer simply. It's not like I'm lying.

"Weren't you at the boardwalk with Jay?" She asks and I nod.

"Mmhmm." I answer.

"How are you guys anyways?" She asks. I haven't told her yet that we made things official yet.

"Good. He's coming to the party tonight." I tell her and she raises her brows with a smirk.

"Oh, he is? Things are getting serious then if all your friends are meeting him. When's my turn?" She replies and I chuckle.

"When I know it's going to work out." I answer and she chuckles softly.

"I heard he's met Mayla already. Isn't that pretty serious?" She asks and I sigh heavily as we all start walking out of the room and downstairs.

"It was just a couple times." I mumble quietly as my mom sets her down and she immediately runs to her llama on the couch and I smile.

"Hey, I'm not judging. I'm just curious about this man that has seemed to make such a special place in your heart so quick. You were so adamant about not dating since the engagement and all the sudden, you get this look in your eyes anytime he's mentioned." She says and I blush lightly as we sit down on the couches.

"We made things official a few weeks ago." I tell her and I see her smile start to grow.

"Really? Now I really have to meet him!" She says and I chuckle softly.

"Soon." I answer simply and just then someone knocks on my door and then it opens. I look over and see Matthew and Sirah walking in with bags filled with their costumes and stuff to get ready with. Mayla then runs over to them and I smile as she throws herself in Matthews arms. My phone then starts ringing and I look down to see Jay FaceTiming me. I smile big as I stand up and walk out of the room down to my music room and I answer the call.