07

Chapter 7: A voice so beautiful

It's the second day of our examination. Subjects are getting harder. Or my brain's just too tired to comprehend. Plus the fact that I am being bothered by my ex—Lucas who keeps on messaging me until now. Saying that he's currently here in Korea and he wants to meet me.

The big question is why?

Why would he wants to meet me after all these years? Why now? Why not never and ever?

Receiving another texts from him makes me more anxious. At the end of the day, it makes me feel less confident about my answers in our exams. I already texted him that I'm busy but he still insisted that he'll wait.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Jungsoo asked while we're walking to the gate. Jaehyuk left first after the exam.

"Lucas is here. And he keeps on messaging me."

"What? Why? I thought he's in Las Vegas?"

"He's here." I said, weakly.

"What does he say?"

"He wants to meet me."

"What? No! Just ignore him! Don't meet him, Asami. I'm telling you." Jungsoo said.

"I know. He's just so persistent. I'm getting scared and worried at the same time. What if he has something important to say to me?"

"Don't tell me you're thinking of giving him another chance? What if he asked for it, would you seriously do that? That guy cheated on you and vanished like a bubble popped in the midair, remember?"

"I know that. And no, I will not do that! After what he've done to me. It's just that, I'm curious."

"It's nothing. He's probably up to something that might hurt you again. So Asami, promise me that you'll never meet him." I nodded my head like a child. "Meet Jeongwoo instead because he's ten times better than Lucas. Though Lucas is hotter, but Jeongwoo is a nice kiddo! You should give him a chance."

I haven't told her yet. Certainly, she would go hysterical if she finds out that I already gave Jeongwoo a chance. I want to tell her but I think this is not the right time for that.

"Let's not talk about them, please." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Are you going home?"

"Yeah. How about you?" I asked.

"I'm going on a date with Soobin."

"Soobin?! You mean the Campus President Soobin?"

"Yeah." Jungsoo smiled. "I asked him on a date and he said okay."

"Wow. You're the one who's asking now."

"Well, I did that to Yoshi too." She said, pursing her lips.

"And you're doing it again?" I asked. I'm just worried about her. It's like she's only doing it to forget about Yoshi. Who clearly still affects her a lot.

I still remember how they used to be the best couple I've ever known. Yoshi is a good person. He's so good, he was able to put Jungsoo on the right track. Because Jungsoo was a rebellious daughter before. Until she met Yoshi. That is why when I discovered that they're not together anymore, I felt really sad for both of them. I wonder what really happened.

"Just trust me on this one. I can handle this."

"Just be careful. And be good, o My god! Stop going for nice guys that you'll just leave after, please." I snorted.