25

Today is the 3rd day of May. The weather's fine, I had my coffee in the morning, ate my lunch at 1pm, answers some emails and walked Miss Lim—my boss— to the parking lot because she couldn't handle all the birthday gifts she recieved from her friends and our clients. A pretty normal day for a normal person like me.

I didn't become a Biologist as you can see. I changed my course to Journalism. So I am now an intern in an editorial company. There so many things happened in four years. One of them is changing my plans. Who would have thought that a girl who used to love science decided to love writing and reading.

"Asami, Manager Kang wants to see you in his office." Loren told me while I am making myself a coffee.

My heart started to beat faster after hearing that. We all feared Manager Kang. Because he's the kind of boss who would notice even the slightest mistake in your works and hold it against you. He can ruin your life by just staring at you.

"Manager Kang." But here I am facing him.

"Miss Hamada. I have some important task to give you." He handed me a green folder which I opened immediately to see what's inside. "He's Mr. Park Jeongwoo. He became the talk of the town for being the most popular medical student in University of Michigan. And now he's back here in Korea, he'll be featured in our magazine and I want you to work on that." He said.

I was halted for a second. My senses stopped from functioning. Not because I got this big project. But because it's Park Jeongwoo! My ex! He's here?!

"Miss Hamada?!" That's when I go back to my senses. "Can you do it?" Manager Kang asked.

"Umm..do I have to meet him, Manager Kang?" I asked the obvious.

"Of course! You're going to interview him. What kind of question is that?" Well, I can't tell him that he's my ex who I lost contact for four years.

"Noted, Manager Kang. I will work on it." I said.

"Good. Make sure to set an interview with him as soon as possible. I don't want to waste time because we still have a lot of things to do here." He said before he summoned me out from his office.

O God. Of all the people why does it have to be me? It's not that I still never moved on from him but we haven't talked since he left. As in, no message and no calls. The only updates I am getting from is through his posts on Instagram. And that's it. How am I supposed to face him with that kind of situation?

I talked to Jungsoo about it. We met in Treasure cafe after work. She has become the woman she wanted to be. And I am happy for her. But we're not gonna talk about that right now.

"Oh. So you already know." She said, casually sipping from her cup of hot espresso.

"You knew that he's here already?" I asked. A little bit confused because I didn't know.

"Yup. Junghwan told me the other day." She said. So he's been here all along and yet I didn't know about it? Nobody even told me? I mean, I have the rights to know, right? Or not?

"Yeah. So what I am saying now is that I'm going to interview him for my work." I gasped for air to heave a deep sigh. "How am I supposed to that when I never talked to him since that day?" I stared at my untouched drink. The ice started to melt but I don't find myself wanting a sip. Though my mouth started to feel dry by just thinking about what should I do now.

"Be professional." Jungsoo suggested. "It's not like you're going to talk about your past." he added.

I think about that for a moment. Jungsoo was right. It's not like we're going to talk about what happened to us. Why he didn't message me after all this time? Why he didn't respond to my letter? Yeah, we're not going to talk about that so I have to be professional and do my work accordingly.