20

Time flies really fast this time. It's already November. Wind became colder than the last month. Holidays are coming. And only two months left before the new year.

"Mom wants to meet you." Jeongwoo said while we're eating lunch in our favorite Italian restaurant.

I stopped from cutting my steak and looked up to him. His gorgeous foxy eyes found mine. I supposed to feel calm by just looking at them because that's how it usually works. But why am I feeling anxious right now?

His Mom wants to meet me?

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"I am. She's actually inviting you over dinner in our house tomorrow. What can you say?" He asked, munching his food like a grownup man.

"I'm.." I put down my fork and knives as I heaved a deep sigh. Nervous.

Well, I love him, that's a fact, but meeting his mother? I don't know, I just don't feel confident about it. I've never met her before and we rarely talk about her so I have no idea what kind of person she is.

"Hey.." He suddenly reached for my hand and gently squeezed it. "Are you nervous?" He smiled.

"I am. I mean, I'm not yet ready for this. Don't get me wrong, I love you but What if she doesn't like me?"

It feels like dejavu. Only that it happened to him before when I told him that Mom wants to meet him.

"She'll gonna love you. Trust me." He smiled. And of course I trusted him. Even though I'm still feeling a little nervous about it. "Where do you want to go after this?" He asked.

"Hmm. Can you bring me home already? I'm just going to do something." I told him. Though I have nothing really in mind. It just feels like my stomach was flipped out and I just want to lay on my bed.

"Only if you'll let me stay there until I feel like going home." He cuts a big piece of steak and puts everything in his mouth before he plastered a smirk on his lips while chewing the food. If that's not adorable then I would never let him stay in our house.

We took a bus on our way home. He lets me sit close to the window because he knows I like that spot. Those little things that he does makes me fell harder on him. I wish I could do something about it. Because sometimes, being this in love makes me feel more anxious. Because what if—-

I stopped from thinking about those things when he suddenly puts something on my ear—Airpods. Then he played a song after that. He also reached for my hands not to hold but to play with my fingers instead. He really loves doing that.

There's a calm surrender to the rush of day...

"Aww, baby, I love this song!" I told him after listening to the first sentence of the song.

"I know. That's why I put it in our playlist." He said, smiling.

"I love you." It was random but sometimes my feelings for him is just overwhelming that I have to say it out loud. I put my head on his shoulder while he's still playing with my fingers. Sometimes, when he gets a little excited he will bite it. And I will pretend to be hurt and he'll shower my hands with kisses. I really love it when he does that.

When the heat of a rolling wind can be turned away
An enchanted moment, and it sees me through
It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

"And can you feel the love tonight?
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far.." he sang along to the music. If I were to choose, I'd love to hear his voice more. It was just lovely.