24

JEONGWOO

I used to ignore my feelings. The only thing I recognized before was the eagerness to achieve my dreams. To have good grades. To graduate with flying colors. And to be a top-notch surgeon in a country of my own choosing.

Until I've met this girl.

No, we're not friends or schoolmates or neighbors. She barely even know me. Or might as well, she never knew me at all. I don't really exist in her world. I could leave it that way. However, I heard stories of her from her own brother, Asahi hyung.

"His boyfriend cheated on her and I want to do something."

This is the first time I saw him this mad. His soft little eyes are raging with dark intentions. I was aware that he has a twin, but since our friendship's still premature, I never got the chance to meet her.

I met Asahi hyung when I enrolled myself in a voice class. We have the same teacher. And it was my schedule after him so basically, we see each other all the time. He was the silent boy from Japan. And I was the awkward boy from Iksan. Our first meeting was not that memorable because he used to ignore me. Until one time, he asked me to sing a song he composed. And that's where it all started.

"Do you know how to fight?" He asked me.

"No. But I know someone."

That was when Junghwan came in the picture. Since he's my childhood friend, I asked him to help us. At first he refused.

"It's dangerous, Jeongwoo. And if Jungsoo noona finds out, she's gonna kill me." He said.

"Of course we're not going to tell her. And you're a second level Taekwondo player, I trust you." I said. Asahi hyung's just standing beside me. How I wish he would help me right now.

"And what it has to do with you again?" He asked.

I couldn't tell my real reason. First, her twin's just beside me-listening. Second, why would I admit it? And third, I don't know. I just want to do it. Either for Asahi hyung or for his sister.

"It's okay. You don't really have to do it if you don't want to." Asahi said. Making me look at Junghwan with a pleasing eyes.

"Fine. I'm in." He said.

And that's how we do it. Asahi hyung talk to that guy. Telling him to stop seeing his sister. While we're at his back, waiting for something. This Lucas guy wears a smug look on his face. He looks like the Captain of the Basketball team. Mr. Prom King. And the one that every girl wants to kiss before they die. There's no reason for Asahi's sister not to fall in love with him. However, when he spoke and started to became cocky, that's when I doubt her taste in men.

How does she fall for this guy? I mean, he's an asshole!

"What are you gonna do now? Are you gonna tell her that I'm dating someone while we're still together? Do you seriously think that she'll believe you? No? Hahaha. Your sister's madly in love with me to believe someone other than me. She's nice but she's stupid." Lucas said, provoking Asahi with his boyish smile. I was expecting Asahi hyung to hit him in the face. Never have I expected that I'll be the one who will do it first.

It was a surprise attack. It was a kind of frustrating punch that if not landed to his face will be more dangerous. That is why I had to do it. And fuck! It hurts so damn much. It feels like my knuckles were crashed on the impact. But I was too mad to care. And he's an asshole.

When he was about to attack me, Junghwan move in between us and gave him a roundhouse kick. It was like a scene in a movie and Junghwan was the cool main character. My respect for him went high after I saw that.