01

Chapter 1: Just One Kiss

"You see those kids.." Jungsoo pointed at the three Juniors who were playing football at the school field using their socks as their ball. I've been seeing them doing that a couple of times. And personally, I think that it's gross. I mean, who would want to play with used socks?! "You'll gonna date someone like them if you don't come with me tonight."

O yeah. I forgot why we're here. Jungsoo asked me to come with her at Jennie-unnie's party tonight. They were cousins so she got invited. But if you're just a normal person like me, you wouldn't get invited to such an exclusive party like that. So I was kinda hesitant to come. I mean, I can't even go to a normal party because I have a social anxiety what more come to party filled with high class people?

"Still, I won't come." I told her, mainting the firmness in my voice. I looked back at the freshmen who are still playing. "And what's wrong with them? They're tall and cute." I joked, referring to those three freshmen at the field.

"Eww, you're two years older than them, Asami!" She protested. I just chuckled.

As if I'm gonna date someone who's two years younger than me. I'm already 18, and if that happens, I'll be dating a minor. And that's just against my ethics.

"I have no dress to wear." I said.

"I got you with everything. Just come." She pleaded.

"Don't leave me there alone, Jungsoo or else!"

"I promise!"

Jungsoo raised her right hand so I believed her! And I swear, that was the biggest mistake I've ever made in my entire life. She left me alone. Sitting awkwardly at the far corner of this fancy room of Jennie-unnie.

She's like a social butterfly. She knows almost everyone in this party. It could be her party, not Jennie-unnie.

It's not too crowded though, not like what I expected it would be. But I still feel uncomfortable given the fact that I don't know these people. I have no one to talk to because Jungsoo saw a friend from another school and went drinking with them. She asked me to come though, but I don't want to meet another soul here. I just want to go home.

Please let me go home and wear my hoodies and pjs and cuddle with my plushies. I also want to eat chocolate mint ice cream and maybe watch some anime. Ahh, what a nice evening that would be. Rather than this one.

This is not my style. I rarely go to parties unless it's a kiddie party or a birthday party of my close friend. But a social party like this? I'm too normal for this.

But then...

Someone sit beside me. Not too close but not too far. He just left a fair space between us. I secretly looked at him. He was tall and tan and handsome. He's wearing a white turtleneck underneath his black coat. A black pants and a black converse. He was holding a red cup on his right hand while looking straight on the window. His has a foxy eyes and a very pointed nose. Also a very promising jawline.

How can someone be this rudely handsome?

Maybe I was staring too much for him to notice and stare back at me. I instantly looked away and drink from the red cup on the table. Unfortunately, the first cup I got was empty. So I switched to the other cup, which is also empty! I started to panic! Why are these cups empty? Why now?

Just when I was about to get swallowed by earth, someone handed me a red cup. I immediately grabbed it and sip everything what's inside. Not realizing that the one who gave it to me was the man I am avoiding. I slowly moved the cup down as I turned my gaze on the man.