10| Ink it

Wordcount; 950 words

San had called them all in for a meeting in the chamber of sacramental, his thoughts had been circling dangerously much around what Jongho had told them after their fight the other day. And even as stubborn he wanted to be, he knew that Jongho was right. Their friend group was slipping into different directions, and it was necessary to stop it before they would stay apart. San didn't wish that to happen, even if one particular person pissed him off. To say it at least, Hongjoong ignored San and didn't intend to answer the boy at one point. And that was the main reason why San wanted them to meet up like they used to do. But without Hongjoong, it wouldn't matter meeting up.

San sat down at the tabletop with a sigh. His hand cramped and his opposite arm was stinging with blood and the dark liquid. Letters were written all over his arm, breaking his skin into a dirty bloody mess that almost looked worse than what it actually was. The disgusting tattoos would eventually disappear at some point, but until that would happen, the pleading words would stay engraved in his arm. The ones Mingi had sent him some days ago, were already half faded, although now covered with a new layer of ink.

It was a method the friend group always used to send small messages to each other. Neither of them was especially fond of using smartphones as it wasn't a part of their nature, so inking words into the arm was the way instead. Not really surprisingly, was it Wooyoung, who had found the incantation. It had taken some time before they had tried it out as they at that time knew dark spells weren't something to mess with if you weren't aware of what you were doing. But this was the fastest and most effective way to send messages to each other, as it basically was impossible to not discover the pain and liquid that would appear under the skin of the person the messenger had directed the spell at.

The only special things you needed to the mixed liquid were the blood of the person you wanted to send a message to and then the black liquid. Then you just had to write with it under your skin, like needling a tattoo. It really was easy, but it also hurt a fair deal lot.

The pain San felt right now was too impairing and his body was beginning to shake in opposition. Anyway, he couldn't write anymore on the skin, as it was filled with the clammy liquid - only because Hongjoong was ignoring him. San knew the older boy had seen every single one of his texts and words, and simply just chose to not answer. And San felt a fit of anger slowly creeping up around his neck, squeezing delicately more and more. The needle he had in his right hand came closer and closer to his arm again. It had never only been about sending the message to Hongjoong. He wanted to hurt him as well, and he knew he had succeeded. The boy really wanted to give the elder a lesson for what he kept bothering Wooyoung with. And now he had the chance to do so when Hongjoong had no defense to line up with. The corner of his lips raised a little on his face when the thought hit him about how good this was for Wooyoung. Getting revenge for hurting his love with his words all the time. No one should have the right to do that. Noone should be able to hurt Wooyoung in any possible way, let it be physically or with words and acts. He would make them pay.

San stared down at his arms with a sickening smile, watching as the dark smeary liquid penetrate further into his veins. The golden letters were glowing across his cheek. And then he stuck the needle into his skin again, letting the pain soak deeper and deeper. He never flinched at the slightest while he drew the liquid into letters across everything else he already had written. It should have hurt more than it satisfied his mind, but it didn't. His orbs went dark, the black liquid seeping out of them, filling them to the brim and swallowing all the whiteness in his eyes. His body began tingling with an unknown feeling, as he was falling down Earth's hatch right into the devil's hand. His head twitched slightly to the side, making some of the black liquid splattering down all over his white shirt. With his trembling hand, San stopped writing and pulled out the needle again with an icky squelch, while he adored every single letter weaved into the horrific sentence, the recipient of the message never in his life had thought of to receive.

I will kill you.

He lost his mind from that moment, never had the dark magic flooded through his body in that size of big quantities as now. San felt his better side pushed into a frozen lake, never found again, as the desire to take the last droplet of Hongjoong's blood was driving him high. It already sizzled through his veins just at the thought about it, and he shakily got down from the table he had sat on. The needle fell to the cold floor, followed by the poisoned dark substance.

Then he went in a hurry for the exit of the chamber of sacramental. The last thing he saw was Wooyoung appearing in front of him.

Already at chapter 10! And yet, things will get even messier from here on...