62

"A word?" Itona glared heatedly at him. Asano cursed himself mentally and looked to his friend for help, who looked a touch terrified.

"W-what we were talking about!" Ren started. "It's not how it sounds, heh" he followed it with nervous laughter making Gakushū want to hit him.

" 'the dare was about making Akabane fall inlove with you', 'is this still just a game'?" Itona walked up to him and pulled him down to eye level by the collar. "You're a bastard and a scumbag, all those things you told him, the time you two spent together. Were they all orchestrated by you?" Itona looked ready to beat him then and there. "Were you ever even genuine to him?!"

Asano could have defended himself. He could have told Itona that yes, his feelings for Karma were real, yes he was genuine to Karma. But he couldn't because he felt that he didn't deserve it. He'll let Itona think what he wants to think, because at the end of the day every bad thought the smaller boy thought about him, Asano knew he was deserving of it.

"Tell me. When did this game of yours start and what game is it?" Itona pushed him away in disgust.

"Almost a month a go I guess. We were playing truth or dare, Ren dared me to make Karma fall inlove with me before the month ends" Asano confessed.

"And?" Itona narrowed his eyes.

"Karma was suspicious of me at first. He didn't trust me obviously but as time went on we grew closer and..." Blushing he looked to the side. "Started to like each other"

"Who fell first? You or Karma?" Itona demanded crossing his arms.

Ren looked at his friend, eyes gleaming as he waited for the answer.

"Me" Asano admitted.

"When did you start falling for him?" Itona interrogated. Ren raised a brow at Itona's questions but did not say a word.

"I think when he took me up the mountain and we played twenty questions, he fell asleep on me" Gakushū thought deeply. "Or maybe it was during our first date and he gave me those roses" Gakushū delved deeper. "Or was it that time he got sick and I stayed over to take care of him"

Itona was watching him suspiciously. "Are you calling off the game just now? Now that you've been caught?" Itona pointed an accusing finger at him. "Or were you planning on calling it off a long time a go?"

"I actually forgot about the game a while back" Gakushū sighed. "This whole time I've just focused on making Karma happy"

"Aww, he's gotten soft" Ren teased earning a glare from his best friend.

"I want to know. What is the consequence for you if you failed to make him love you by the end of the month"

Gakushū blushed, and his eye twitches. Ren bursted out laughing hysterically.

Gakushū muttered something under his breath, and blushed harder. Itona frowned. "What was that?"

Ren walked over to Itona and whispered something to his ear. "Seriously?" Itona looked smug.

"I'm still willing to do it though" Asano admitted. "It's only fair. I'm calling off the dare, and I'm still doing my punishment"

"Ok" Ren and Itona both said.

"Wait" Gakushū looked uncomfortable. "You're not going to say I don't have to? Because I technically didn't lose because I still made Karma like me before the month ended?"

"No" Ren and Itona deadpanned.

"My lips are sealed I won't tell Karma. Nakamura was right about her judgement with you. You're not so bad after all"

"What?"

"Um, Nakamura knows about the game, she's been stalking you and Karma for days along with me to ensure your dates are a success" Ren confessed.

"That's...unnerving"

"We're just being good friends" Ren laughed.

Itona suddenly got very serious. "If you hurt Karma, I will break every bone in your body with a literal hammer" He wasn't happy about this entire arrangement. He wasn't happy that his crush was dating a manipulating lying jerk asshole

It's in his name even! ASSano!

But, as long as he keeps Karma happy then Itona will bear with it.

After all not all relationships are sunshines and rainbows. It's not like Karma and Asano are going to last together. "Just because I'm not telling Karma though, doesn't mean he'll never find out. He's bound to find out eventually and when that day comes" Itona shrugged. "Well...."

Gakushū nodded in understanding. "Thanks Horibe"

"So" Itona looked mischievous. "When can you start?"

"How about right now?" Ren smirked with Itona, as the pair grew devil horns and tail.

(Author: Itona knows about the game, and is neutral about it. He's keeping his mouth shut but that doesn't mean the cat won't be out of the bag)