13

"How the hell did you convince Minnie to let the boys go?" Sirius questioned Lorelai. James had gone to make an attempt of asking Lily out and Peter had gone with him. Remus was with Madame Pomfrey.
"Just my wit and determination." Lorelai shrugged. "Did Remus look off to you?"
"What do you mean by 'off'." The dark haired boy asked her.
"He looked pale and he was limping." She answered.
"Well umm, sometimes he gets these funny turns and his legs start playing up and stuff." He replied. He sat on the bench that was connected to the wall as Lorelai stared out of the arch. The sight of the sun shining over the grounds of Hogwarts reminded her of her mum.
"I remember that time you told me. You said, 'Love is touching souls'. Surely you touched mine." She mumbled to herself.
"What's that Lory?" Sirius asked her. Lorelai realised that she had been talking out loud.
"Nothing, it's just my mum's favourite song." She replied. Sirius stood up next to her and rest on the stone ledge. He stared at the sight Lorelai was looking at.
"You miss her don't you?" He questioned her.
"Yeah, it's her birthday soon and I don't know what to get her." Lorelai replied.
"I don't know much about giving presents to mother's but I think you should give her something that comes from the heart." The boy suggested.
"Like what?" Lorelai turned to him.
"Well you have a nice voice. You can sing her favourite song and put it on a tape or you could send a howler wishing her happy birthday." He shrugged.
"Do howlers work in the muggle world?" Lorelai questioned.
"Probably." Sirius answered. "What's the song called anyway?"
"A case of you by Joni Mitchell, I prefer Queen and David Bowie." She told him. Sirius' face lit up.
"You like Queen and David Bowie?"
"Yeah, I have a few records at home, I'll ask my mum to send them when she sends my polaroid." Lorelai informed him. Sirius now had a huge grin on his face.
"Lory, you are the light of my life." Sirius told her.
"Of course I am." She giggled.

"Bretford." A voice boomed. So much for being incognito. She thought. Lorelai turned around to see Regulus Black and Barty Crouch Jr. the girl plastered a fake smile on her face and spun around to face them.
"What can I do for you?" She asked them, her smile still on her face.
"I saw you with my brother." Regulus scowled at her. "I suggest you leave that blood traitor alone."
"Why, you don't like him do you? That's a bit incest don't you think?" She questioned him.
"I'm warning you Bretford. He will be the next Black heir but if he hangs around with you, it won't happen." The younger Black sneered. "So you'll back off otherwise I'll expose you for the true Slytherin you are. I know you may have fooled my brother and his friends into thinking you're this kind, gentle girl who doesn't belong in Slytherin but we both know that it isn't true."
Lorelai's smile dropped.
"Bye mudblood." Barty Crouch Jr grimaced at her before the two boys walked away. Lorelai was frozen in the middle of the common room, not knowing what to do.