30

Amanda had kept her word and stayed home for the four days before Christmas eve. Lorelai was now sleeping in the living room due to a leak in her bedroom. She was in a light sleep when she saw a green light flash from the fireplace. She immediately woke up. The girl couldn't see who it was straight away but after her eyes adjusted to being awake, she knew who the silhouette belonged to. She jumped off the sofa and kneeled beside him.
"Sirius, Sirius." She whimpered. She saw the cuts that were all over his body. "Mum, Mum help me."
Lorelai heard the footsteps of her mother before seeing her enter the living room in her dressing gown.
"What's the ma-" She started before seeing the boy on the floor. "Get the first aid kit."
Lorelai did as she was told and grabbed the kit from behind the sofa. She gave it to her mother.
"Go get my bed sorted." Amanda demanded her daughter. Lorelai went upstairs into her mother's bedroom and straightened out the bed. She added more pillows and blankets. She heard her mum talking to someone downstairs. She went back downstairs to see two wizards. Albus Dumbledore and Alastor Moody. They didn't look at her but acknowledged her presence. After talking to her mother for a while, Moody helped Amanda get Sirius upstairs and Dumbledore pointed at the table. Lorelai sat down.
"Is Sirius going to be okay?" She asked. Dumbledore smiled.
"Mr Black will be fine." He answered. "You're mother is quite the nurse."
Lorelai nodded, she was trembling.
"I need to ask you some questions." Dumbledore informed her. "What were you doing when Mr Black appeared?"
"I was sleeping." She replied. "On the sofa because there's a leak in my bedroom."
"Do you know why he is here?"
Lorelai shook her head.
"He just appeared." She told him. After a few more questions, Moody and Dumbledore left.
Lorelai turned to her mother.
"Sleep on the sofa, you've got work tomorrow." She demanded the woman.
"But the boy upstairs." Amanda argued.
"I know him so I'll look after him, you have to go to work at five in the morning." Lorelai insisted. Amanda smiled and slumped on the sofa.

"I thought that I could burn in hell." A voice woke Lorelai from her slumber. Sirius was sitting up in the bed.
"Well you can." She told him. "But only after you recover."
"I'll leave soon." He informed her.
"If you was going to leave, why did you come here?" Lorelai questioned him.
"I remembered that you said that I'm always welcome at your house." Sirius mumbled. "I guess that was only when we were on good terms."
Lorelai grabbed his hand and intertwined it with hers.
"Of course you're always welcome." She smiled at him. "You always will."
Sirius smiled at the girl. He couldn't help but notice the golden specks in her eyes.
"I love you Lorelai Bretford." He admitted. "And I don't want to lose you ever again."
Lorelai put her other hand on Sirius' cheek.
"Sirius, you'll never lose me." She told him. "I promise."
The two smiled at each other. Lorelai realised how much she enjoyed Sirius' company.