rings (smut/fluff)

"You're running the money through here?" Steve asked Bucky, and he nodded.

"Yes. We have a few other sites we launder through, but most of the money comes through here. Police don't come poking around a locally owned Romanian restaurant on the upper east side," Bucky explained.

"Boss is very... careful." Zemo explained, referring to Bucky.

They were trying to make a deal with Steve and Sam, the two American bosses of another mafia they were trying to sell their illegal weapons to. One of their bases was raided, all of their drugs and weapons seized by the DEA.

They had come to Bucky, looking to buy more weapons to arm their dealers and "soldiers".

"And who is this exactly?" Sam eyed Zemo suspiciously.

"Zemo. He's security, and my weapons expert," Bucky answered.

"Do you have connections?" Steve continued, trying to ignore the Sokovian's unsettling stare.

"Yes. The head agent of the Manhattan DEA is one of us. Half of the local precincts are in our pocket, and I own the NYPD." Bucky's tone was impatient, he didn't appreciate the questioning of his authority.

Bucky was the most powerful man in New York, and also the most feared. He demanded respect, dominating every space he entered. Steve and Sam wanted to be under his protection, and be supplied by him.

The men stopped talking when they heard a noise, and the four men burst into the front of the restaurant, guns drawn.

"Did you not lock the fucking door?!" Bucky snapped at Zemo. Zemo just rolled his eyes, and they stepped out into the dining room, where you stood.

You loved the Romanian restaurant just a few streets down from your building. You frequented it, their papanasi your favorite comfort food.

You'd had a rough week, a lot of family drama, and you were craving the Romanian food. You found the door unlocked and a back light on as you were walking home late, and you'd gone inside to try to get a snack.

It was empty, but four men had come out, three of them pulling guns and pointing them at you. You'd heard voices and had begun to walk to the back hallway, where they'd been talking in an office. You'd heard "I own the NYPD," and nothing else. You'd started to leave when the men had appeared.

The man who didn't have a gun pointed at you was in an all-black suit, silver eyes matching silver rings on his fingers that looked like they costed more than your Manhattan rent.

You were frozen, staring down the barrels of three guns, fear robbing your lungs of air.

"Get your fucking guns out of her face!" Bucky shouted, making you jump. Zemo obeyed immediately, but Steve and Sam kept their guns pointed at you.

"She's-"

"She's unarmed and terrified. Put down the fucking guns!" The other two slowly lowered their weapons, and you were shaking.

Bucky looked at you, a frightened girl who clearly had just ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time. You stared back at him, your hands trembling. You didn't understand him protecting you from the other men, but you were thankful.

"Please, I didn't hear anything, I haven't done anything... I just wanted some food," you pleaded softly, looking at Bucky in hopes he'd take more pity on you.

"I believe you, doll, but we can't let you leave," Bucky spoke, and you bit your lip.

"I won't do anything," you promised.