easter eggs: blurb (fluff)

"You want to dye some eggs, darling?" you asked your sweet girl, who was giggling happily. Her silver eyes sparkled like her father's, and her grin matched his.

You picked her up, carrying her to the covered porch that connected off your kitchen, overlooking your large backyard. Bucky was sitting on the ground, eggshells lined up in front of bowls of colored dye.

"Daddy!" Your daughter squealed, and he smiled up at her with joy. You set her down, and she ran into her father's arms, not caring one of them was made from an unforgiving metal.

Steve leaned against the railing, watching with a gentle smile. You walked over and hugged him, and he greeted you.

"Happy Easter, Y/N," Steve smiled, and you squeezed him.

"I'm so glad you're here."

"I want to dye one red and blue for Uncle Stevie!" Your daughter said to Bucky, looking up at him from her spot curled up in his lap.

"Of course, doll," he helped her carefully dip the eggs. Steve smiled down at his niece, and sat down with them. You made lemonade at the table on the deck, watching Bucky interact with the tiny love of his life. She loved her father, always wanting to be around him. You knew she loved you too, but he was the one she called out for when she was afraid.

She liked to climb into your bed, and snuggle between you and Bucky. You never minded, and it warmed your heart to see Bucky patiently love on her. She adored Steve too, and he was the only one who babysat her that could keep her from crying when you and Bucky escaped on the occasional date.

"Look, momma!" She called to you, and you walked over to see a pink easter egg.

"It's your color," Bucky explained, and you thanked her, kissing the top of your head. Bucky leaned forward, and you rolled your eyes at his playful jealousy. You kissed his lips, and he grinned into it, making your heart swell.

"Thank you, baby." You winked at your daughter, making her cheeks turn pink. She squealed as the dye stained her fingers, and Steve helped her clean off her hands with a wet towel, dying some eggs at her request.

Bucky kept shaking his head, trying to move the hair out of his eyes as his daughter and the messy craft occupied both his hands. You bit your lip in amusement, walking behind him and gathering his long hair into your hands, tying it into a bun with the band around your wrist. Bucky turned and kissed your hand with a thank you, and you smiled sweetly at him.

"Will you put a red star on it?" Your daughter handed a grey-painted egg to Bucky, and he kissed her head with a small nod. She set it next to her red white and blue egg for Steve, and the three of you smiled down at her.

Once all the eggs were finished, she was yawning sleepily.

"Want a nap, doll?" Bucky asked her, lifting her into his arms as he stood. She nodded, snuggling into his chest, her eyes closing. He smiled at you as he rocked her gently, and the two of you took her to her bedroom, the walls painted a happy shade of yellow. 

Bucky laid her down in her bed, pulling the white sheets over her tiny body. He moved a stuffed bunny next to her, and you leaned against him, watching her sleep for a few moments.

"C'mon, honey, we've left Steve." Bucky whispered and you went out to him, to find he had cleaned up the mess.

"Thanks, Stevie." You grinned, and he nodded.

You started making sugar cookies in the kitchen, and Bucky and Steve worked on frosting as you put them in the oven.

"When is baby number two coming?" Steve teased and you laughed.

"We're having one. I am not pushing out another." You giggled.

"We're very happy with the one we have." Bucky agreed with you, and the boys helped you ice sugar cookies to surprise her when she woke up.