Chapter 20

All I was feeling was jitters as i stared at myself in the mirror with the dress in hand. I glanced at the clock to see only fifteen minutes to seven. I can't believe I slept for a hour and half. After waking up my first task was finding Kiara, on seeing her enjoying and playing with the twins I was relaxed but then it struck me about the date I had today so here I am quickly slipping on the beautiful dress, navy blue which was simple yet classy. Not knowing what to do with my extremely long hair I bunched it up and put it in a ponytail letting it down my hips. Finally applying kajal and lipstick, I wiped my sweaty palms for my dress  which was very soft on touch. I gave a quick glance over of how i looked and made my way downstairs. At the entrance stood Vince busy conversing with someone over the phone. He was dressed in navy dress shirt and black pants looking ever so handsome himself. Descending down the stairs I just couldn't control my racing heart. Just then Vince turns and pockets his phone and walks towards the stairs. Giving me his hand.

"Bella!" the same twinkle in his eyes.

"Thank you" I recognized the word he said which meant beautiful from the one or two classes in Italian I attended during the cover operation.

"Shall we?" gesturing the way

"Lead the way." I say with a smile

He opened the door to one damn beautiful car and as soon as i sat in the passenger he shut the door and walked to the driver's side. 

"Nervous?" he questioned as soon as he sat in.

"Kindoff. This is gonna be my first date." I said scrunching my face.

He turned with a shocked expression. "Are you serious? Kiara's father never took you on a date?"

"Oh he was a douche. We were arranged married, nothing more"

"Oh! then its up to me to make this the best experience of your life" Saying so he ignited the car.

"Where are we going?" I was getting curious.

"That's for you to see and for me to know tesoro"  We continued making small talks about each other's likes and dislikes throughout the way. He finally parked in a brightly lit area and jogged my side to open the door.  I recognized the place as me and Kiara come here times to eat. San Antonio's river walk is known for its small restaurants. He led me to the river instead of one of the restaurants. There was a boat beautifully decorated  infront of me. He kept one leg on the boat and one on the dock and lifted me on the boat after that getting in himself. A waiter led us to a table and we sat. As the river shuttle sailed along the river, the soothing sound of water and the beautifully lit riverwalk was amazing. I looked along the shuttle to see no one, even the waiter was no where to be seen. So it was just me and Vince along with the man guiding the shuttle. 

"This is beautiful" 

"I am glad you liked it" he smiled wide and picked up the champagne from the ice bath and popped it open and poured some for both of us. 

"Cheers" I said clinking our glasses together. 

"So tesoro tell me more about yourself. Why did you choose being a cop?"

"That's because I hated the cops back at home and wanted to prove that cops can be way better than the shits we had."

"Its ok if you don't want to share" I could hear the hesitation in his voice.

"Nothing bad. Just that my father-in-law was the CM of Punjab so it was difficult to lodge any complaint against them. You see the system was corrupt, it worked at the hands of those who had power. I went to lodge a complaint about post- marital rape. They just laughed it out and sent me back" I heard a gasp and looked at Vince lifting my eyes from the champagne I was playing with while remembering my past.

"You are so strong to be able to tell me all this so casually" He said with unshed tears.

"I believe my past has only made me stronger and I don't regret anything"

"I hoped that shit excuse of people are punished" hearing that i burst out laughing. Straightening myself 

"You won't believe what I did. I got help from some of my friends and got his vasectomy done along with divorce. That man deserved it. He got another young girl pregnant while married to me."

"Wow! You are one hell of a women." I got a compliment from him which made me smile

"I am so sorry I burdened you with my past"

"I am glad you shared it with me. Are you hungry?" Right on cue my stomach growled.

"That's my answer" he said grinning and got up from his seat to a trolley near the table to serve the two of us. There was Grilled chicken, spaghettis, salad and lots more.

As we began eating we continued with our conversation.

"So Mr. Giordano what's your side of your story?" I asked swirling the spaghetti with my fork

"Mine was simple, parents in love, lots of kids. No serious relationships before just a few on- off girlfriends here and there. But I was focused more on my business after my parents death."

"So much of responsibility"

"Oh That's nothing specially when I have my brothers along at every step." We opened out about our life to each other as we ate and I never felt so comfortable sharing my past with anyone except him. Its kind off a feeling I don't know how to express.

He got up and outstretched his hand towards me. I looked at him with a questionable glance.

"Can I have the honor of dancing with you?"

"Without music?" right on cue music started playing from the speakers in the corner. I kept my palm in his hand as he slowly pulled me into his chest and wrapped an arm around my waist. The dance was slow yet so dreamy. He kept looking at my face. With one hand pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. One thing led to another and we were kissing. Just like a moth gets attracted to the flame I was attracted to him. The kiss was passionate, soft. As he squeezed my waist and deepened the kiss I felt the butterflies in my stomach going crazy. After the kiss to hide my blush i hid my face in his chest and he wrapped his arms tightly around me. It was the best feeling in the world. No matter how much i tried denying it, I think I am falling in love.