Chapter 37

Walking towards Vince's study I knocked at his door. Alex informed me he would be here as soon as I entered. I got a come in from the other side of the door.

"You don't have to knock tesoro" he said as soon as I opened the door. "I guessed much it would be either you or mama Morelli. The only ones to ever knock" I was mesmerized looking at the study. There were shelves of files on one side and a beautiful balcony behind him. The table and shelves were of beautiful mahogany wood.

"Have a seat love. You can come and spend time here whenever you want." I pulled my eyes off from marveling at the room and focused on what I had actually come here for.

"Vince I just need to head to L.A. this Friday. I'll be taking Kiara along." I stated coming straight to the point. 

"I know I'm in no position to ask you but L.A. for?

"No you have all rights to ask. Actually my work visa is expiring. And I need to renew it" I stated.

"You mean to say you are not a green card holder and yet working in a government organization" he asked astonished at that fact. 

"Yup and don't ask for any explanation because I have none"

He nodded his head trying to  understand the situation. "Did you book your flight tickets?"

"Yes I managed to get a morning flight so that the sooner I reach the faster I can get my work done" I told him mentally replaying the plan that I had made on my way home.

"Myself and Steph will be heading to L.A. on Friday too for business purposes. Cancel your flight tickets and come with us." He offered.

"That's not a problem. I can manage." I said.

"I know you can manage. But we'll be travelling by our flight and besides the two of us there won't be anyone else. So its pretty much going empty. Plus with Kiara it will be easier. And we can also take Mama Morelli along so when you are busy she can look after the princess." He stated.

"Mama Morelli will be required here." I stated

"The boys are big enough to look after themselves. It's a matter of few days and Leo is always there to cook for them."

"OK then" I agreed to what he is saying.

"Let me know what time you leave."

"Preferably early morning  at 6." At that I push back the chair and stand up to leave.

"Ahhh Adhya" came a hesitant call from Vince. "Before you leave I want a small favor from you actually huge. Please take a seat."

"How can I help you?" I asked getting  seated back on the plush chair.

"I just didn't want this to happen in this manner" he said fumbling in his drawers and retrieved something that I just could not see. His behavior was kinda weird. A completely new side.  After that he got up from his chair and walked around the table. I followed his movements to figure out what was he getting to?

"What's it Vince?" I asked as he stopped besides the chair I was sitting on  and maneuvered it to face outwards.

Squatting on one knee, "I had planned to do this, but not so soon and definitely not this way."

"Get straight to the point" usually in movies the guys get on one knee when they have to propose and this is no movie.

He opened the box that had a beautiful gold ring and diamond studded eternity shape