chapter 44

Walking through the doors of the very familiar workplace, I can hear very faint gun shots, probably someone practicing their targets, then there are officers greeting one another and catching up in the early hours of morning. I kept my stuff on my table saying a few hellos here and there and walk to Harry's office. I knock twice and wait to hear a come in. On hearing it I enter in.

"Adhya you finally decided to show up" Harry says shutting the file he was reading.

"Good morning boss" I smile but that fades seeing his sullen face.

"Take a seat"

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"There was a meeting yesterday Adhya"

"and" why was I anticipating the worst.

"your name has been recommended for an undercover mission."

"again?"

"yes and its not that simple." his sullen face was scaring me.

"You will have to move to Manhattan and infiltrate a crime organization. The MPD wanted a young female officer since the crime group there knows all the officers, it had to be somebody unknown."

"I cannot move all the way to Manhattan and you know that Harry. I have a small daughter." I voiced my thoughts.

"think about it Adhya and" as he was about to continue there was a knock on the door. Our conversation was paused. "come in" he stated to whoever was on the otherside of the door.

"Morning Harry" said a man whose age couldn't be pin-pointed. Come on he dressed like a teenager but looked mature. What would be your opinion about ripped jeans, white skin tight t-shirt and leather jacket. I gave a smile in acknowledgement of his presence.

"Good morning Jaxon. Have a seat." Harry said.

"I'll come back later" I said getting up giving the men time to talk.

"Adhya remain seated" Harry said. I sat back down and looked at the two men. "This is Jaxon here as you must've already caught the name and Jaxon this is Adhya, a very promising officer." We shook hands. "The case I had just started telling you about Jaxon will be your point of contact. Jaxon's two officers have already infiltrated their crime syndicate and as per sources their in search of a good lady snipper to join their inner circle. That's where you come in. As per my estimation this case should be solved within two months max." I was just opening my mouth to say something anything but I had no words.

"I understand your dilemma. But if it was last year I wouldn't have considered you knowing your situation but now you have help at home so it shouldn't be much of a hassle. Give it a thought. You have two days before you leave." Saying so he dismissed me.

"And yeah there's a file on your table go through it" I left after giving a curt nod.

Out of the office I left a huge sigh. This was expected sooner or later but why do I feel not ready for this? I walk to my desk and true to his word there is a file with 'Confidential' written in bold on the outside. I let it be there and went to grab a coffee mug before I have to actually go through the file. I took the brewing hot cup of coffee and sat back on my spot. I opened the file to read all that it had to offer- important people and names, locations, how to go about etc. etc. Halfway there my phone dinged so I checked to see a message from my cousin. It was a photo with a caption Di ki shaddi #excited. Looks like there were finalizing a date for the wedding. I smiled and kept the phone back down.

...

2 huge cups of coffee later I was done with the file. Just when I thought to take lunch break there was a case reported and guess what I had to go to the crime site. But no complaints there, I loved investigations.

...

Yet another exciting yet tiring day came to an end.
"So girl all set to go back to your hunk of a man?" Will said as I was packing the file and other stuff I needed to take home.

"Can't wait to get back home" I commented.

"Ohh you're blushing and glowing...Wait a minute is that a band I see on your finger?" He caught hold of my handand pulled it up towards his face.

"When the hell did you get hitched?" He asked shocked.

"Hmmmm yesterday" I replied.

" And I wasn't invited" he said stressing on the I.
"There wasn't any ceremony. Just legally bound"
"This is not fair" he pouted just like Kiara.

I promised him a party probably won't be happening soon and left the premises.

....

Parking the car in the garage it was already late. The stars of the night sky were breath taking. I clicked the lock of the car and walked in the house to be greeted with Kiara's giggles. I followed the sound but the sight infront of me was definitely not one that I expected.

Comforter and pillows lay on the floor and on those pillow five bulky men were knelt with one knee on the ground and the other folded with a palm resting face down. Their heads were bowed down so I doubt anyone has noticed my presence. I quietly watched everything unfold. Kiara pranced around with a cape and a crown, and a toy sword?

"Last Addy" she giggled keeping the sword on both his shoulders. "Now you all are my knights"

Markus, their head guard dramatically came and took the sword from her, with bowing and making her keep it on a tray and all that.

"Princess wants Chocolates, lots of them and cotton candy ice cream. Go get it soldiers" she demanded
I laughed. I couldn't control it
" I can't believe my eyes. The business world fears you all and I mean the most feared brothers on their knees for this small girl?"

I don't live in a shell. I know the rumors that go around about dangerous and ruthless these brothers are when it comes to business  but I've seen a total opposites picture.

They stood up "Come on princess let's get you chocolate milk instead" Chalie commented lifting  her off the ground.

Vince walked to me and hugged me. I was taken by surprise when he kissed but I responded. His kisses make me giddy and these butterflies suddenly erupt in my stomach. When we broke the kiss I wasn't satisfied. I wanted more. He smiled and pecked again.

"Anything for the princess and you my queen. You two have an kingdom that will bow to you'll" he said. I scrunched up face. I mean who follows monarchy.

"You know right we are royalty back in Italy?" "I love when you pout" he commented after a pause. "Go freshnup. We'll have dinner. Hurry plz, I have an important conference after that" I nodded and walked up. 

I must be the worst author to be updating months after disappearing.  I'm sorry for that but please continue voting and commenting. I love you all. I love also love to hear your suggestions for how the story should continue or any demands to be added.
Thank you and love you all.
Next chapter will be updated soon. And I promise it will be soon this time.