Chapter 32

I read the time to see that I had exactly 10 minutes more to pick up daughter from her first day at kindergarten and the drive from my workplace here was 15 minutes away.

"Oh God. What an irresponsible mother am I." Blubbering to myself I sent in a quick word to Harry that I'm off to pick up my daughter and will be back soon. Not having any time to waste I rush through the door to the car parked and quickly unlock it. Worst part is being a cop I couldn't break any traffic rules and I was forced to adhere to them. Luckily I made it to the school when parents and kids were still around talking to one another. I stepped out of the car after parking it and on my way to the school entrance I realized everyone's attention was on me. While I gave a quick glance over I realized people talking among themselves while still looking my way. Only then did I realize I was in my uniform and stuck out like a sore thumb among parents dressed in various brands. Not bothering about these gossiping parents I go in search of my baby. She was talking to a lady who I recognized as her class teacher. As she as she saw me she huddled into my legs making me back up little bit with the force.

"You've got a lovely daughter here Mrs." The teacher said extending her hand for a handshake.

"Ms. Kaur" I said telling her my surname rather than name as that's how most people introduce themselves. Her handshake was not at all firm and confident and eyes shone with an emotion I was very well aware of. People think if it's a single mother than probably pregnant out of a one night stand or teen pregnancy.

"Ms. Kaur we have given the children here a booklet wherein the entire school year details have been given, like what activities, what event, school trips, sleepovers and all and also a few extra payments that need to be done and also you have to fill in their details like emergency numbers, allegies, medical conditions and more" she added.

"Ok thank you" I said with a smile.

"Let's go princess" Kiara who was busy looking around held my hand and with a skip in her step we walked to the car as her bag bounced up and down with every skip.

As we made our way back to my workplace so Kiara can remain with the caretaker provided at work and I can continue the few hours I have left of work and head home together. Kiara animatedly described her day
"And Edna bought choci and gave me and mummy teacher played ball with us and told us to tell our names and Grayson said only me his friend" I definitely learnt at least four to five names of her classmates.

..

..

While running some call records and case details one of my colleague approaches my desk.

"Inspector Adhya, there is someone looking out for you" I nod my head taking in his message and keep the files on my desk.

"Thank you inspector Mark. I'll see to it" saying so I push my chair back and head to the waiting area near the entrance only to spot the twins and probably a few of their friends from which I only recognize Derrek and Velsh. They were talking among themselves which I didn't want to eavesdrop so I made my presence known by clearing my throat.

"Hey Adhya can we please take Kiara with us to the park?"

"What will a kid do with you grownups and how did you'll know she was here?" I had no problem sending her with the twins since they practically like family now.

"Pretty please. We wanna have fun and plus it was her first day at schoooool" Adrian tried begging like Kiara and it looked funny rather.

"We called mama Morelli so she told us Kiara was here with you" Alex answered the second part of my question.

I looked at my wrist watch "she must have woken up from her nap. You can take her but no feeding her sugars"

I got a collective ok mommys and I led the way to the play area where Kiara was currently being taken care of. She saw Alex and Adrian and ran towards them. Alex picked her in his arms while I handed Adriano her bag which has her basic stuff like bottle, hanky.