Chapter 34

As everyone slowly settled in their seats on the table I helped mama Morelli get the food out on the dinner table although she tried sending me to sit many times. Kiara was already strapped on her high chair and I could tell she was getting restless. I served her pasta in her plate and cut chicken into pieces for her to put them easily into her mouth. As everyone sat and started serving themselves Vince and Steph too joined.

"Guys Zio and Zia will be coming here tomorrow before they head out for their vacation" there were collective groans from the younger three and to me it was amusement.

"That bad?" I asked amused.

"Don't ask Adhya. Zia can get. I just can't describe it." Alex complained.

"Oh" I said not knowing what exactly to say as I don't know the person they are talking about. Through the corner of my eye I could see Kiara had made a mess of her hands with cheese trickling through her fingers.

"So brother what happened about the proposal Zia brought for you?" Charlie teased which made me see him in shock.

Come to think of it why will his family want a girl like me. I mean come on I was already in a marriage before, have a daughter from my previous husband. I have my own priorities and struggles while he is perfect. I am brought out of my thoughts by his statement.

"I rejected it"

"But brother she is a beauty" Alex wiggled his brows.

"Alex. Shut it. I told Zia I have someone in my life already." He said with a smile towards me which made me feel like a teenager with butterflies in my stomach. He chose me over someone else. He accepted my daughter as his own.

I heard a squeal which broke our eye lock. "Did you'll propose" came Hazel's excited voice.

"Not yet but my girl finally told me she loves me" Vince said looking at me with a smirk.

"Took you long" "finally" "alleluia" "yippee" such exclamations were said across the table. Kiara who was eating silently so far finally spoke "mumma what happened?"

"Nothing princess. Everyone is very happy"

"Why" she asked looking at everyone confused.

"Because your mommy loves daddy" Adrian answered her before anyone else could to which she clapped her hand.

"See even the little princess understood" Steph joked lightly. Was I so dumb not to understand the love before or keep him hanging, while everyone kept telling me. Or did I just act knowingly unknown to the fact.

"You two better get married soon and Steph you too so that we don't have to wait long." Charlie said. Married the word caught my breath. I never thought of marriage before. What if it doesn't become successful. What if he leaves me? What if he doesn't love me enough after marriage. I felt a hand squeezing mine which held the fork and all my doubts vanished looking at that one face. The face that takes away all my fears.

Vincenzo POV

Today's day was let's say dreaded. Office work was too much and Zio Zia too were dropping in before leaving for their vacation. All the work time in Italy has my work here pending. In midst of all that Zia brought one of her friend and her daughter with a proposal. The girl was good no doubt but her mom was way too much money minded. All she wanted was showoff and status. I hate such people. But when I said I wasn't interested I saw their faces drop. Then in Zio's words "but son you are already 30. When are you waiting for?" That's when I told them I love someone and yup the reactions were priceless. My thoughts were broken by a knock on my door