Chapter 35

Today's day at the station was busy.  There was a murder reported early today morning so as soon as I stepped into the station it felt like a stepped into chaos. We were soon given jobs to do and I had to assist on the crime scene. Asking literally  hundreds of people in a public park the same questions over and over again. "Do you know the victim?" "Have you seen him here before?" I mean come on who kills and throws someone in such a crowded place a public park? No offenses but atleast dump in an alleyway or the river if you don't  want to be caught. It was tiring.  It was frustrating because all the data, phone records and witnesses led us to nowhere.

....

...

I'm glad the day is finally over. The culprit  was caught. It was a small gang he owed money to. How? Simple to say a little digging into his family matters and bank accounts  and then join the dots. I am glad that though  this tedious  day was finally  over Vince picked up Kiara or else I would have to tell mama Morelli to do so. I am currently  changing my soiled uniform because I slipped and fell when it suddenly occurred  to me that Vince's uncle-aunt were supposed to  visit. Dumping the dirty uniform into my bag to carry home to wash I made my way out saying goodbyes on the way. The sun was still up and it was not very late. But as per the time it's gonna be dark soon. I walked in the direction of my trusty bike sighing all the day's negativity away. One advantage of a bike, you can easily  zoom past all the traffic and that's exactly what I did but I did take care of all the speed limit areas. In no time I was home. It feels so weird to finally find a place that feels like home. The guards at the gate saluted and dawn I can never get used to it. I parked my gate in the garage and walked into the house to hear

"I brought such a good proposal for you and you kept such a big thing a secret. How can you. She's four five years and it never occurred to you to tell us for so many years."

"She's my daughter" I replied mentally telling myself not to cry. Think practically  who wants to take care of someone else's child.

I walked to a very pissed off couple and gave a look around to see that Kiara was nowhere in sight.

"Pleasure  to meet you Mr and Mrs. Giordano. The girl you are talking about in my daughter not a child Vincenzo here."

"Adhya dare not say that. Kiara is my daughter, blood or not." I heard a scoff. That lady scoffed and that did something to my nerves.

"Excuse my disrespect but I won't take shit about my daughter. I love Vince no doubt but I love my daughter more than anything."

"And you think you'll dump that daughter on my son's head here for all his money" she said with a bitter face.

"Sorry to break it to you. I am capable of taking  care of my daughter  and that's what I've been doing all along" that's when another young girl standing timidly behind only her giggle drew my attention to her. I raised one eyebrow in attempt for someone to tell me who she is.

"I'm Bella" she said

So this is the girl Vince's aunt and uncle decided to marry to Vince. She looks so pretty  and delicate. I'll admit I'm jealous.

"This is the girl I want to be my daughter  in law and he chooses a second hand over her." That hurt.

"ENOUGH" Vince boomed. That startled me too.

"I've explained this before. I'm not doing this again."

"So you agree to get some random child to take over your throne. Our family throne?" The man along with her pulled her hand to stop her from talking.