i.

𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵: 1,179

i r o n m a n o n e

nine years. that's how old his daughter is now. and my god did time fly by quickly. in just one more year, she'll hit the double digits. tony wasn't ready to watch his little girl grow so fast. next thing he'll know, she will be off to college and getting her degree.

tony hid his daughter's presence, the only ones knowing were the people he's closest to. rhodey, his best friend, happy, his security, and his personal assistant pepper. tony did not want his child in the eyes of the press, especially his creepy business partner obadiah stane.

and he was thankful to keep the nine-year-old away from it all.

elizabeth was able to be herself without being judged. she wasn't a "girly-girl" as people describe. she hates dresses, makeup, etc. despises it. she would end up sobbing at the thought. tony knew that the press would harass him for letting his daughter of such high class dress the way he allows. tony didn't want his little girl to go through the world belittling her.

———

elizabeth loves her father. he took her in when he could've easily thrown her to the wolves and let her bounce throughout the system. but he changed his whole life just to keep her and love her. she feels safe knowing that she can be the way she wants to be, and not worry about her father yelling at her, saying that she shouldn't be the way she is.

her father stood on the sidelines, watching her sob, not knowing what to do to help. elizabeth couldn't hate him for it, he knew just as much as she did. she didn't know why she hates herself as much as she does.

she believes it was just a sensory issue, but as time passed and the thoughts only seemed to get worse, she knew it had to be something big. until she figures it all out, she does everything to make herself happy, and whenever she seemed happy, so was her father. that was what mattered, her father was happy.

tony didn't care how she dressed or acted, within reason. she was his child and as long as she was happy, he was too. and he made sure to let his child know.

elizabeth only became more confused. she felt wrong. like the body she was in didn't belong to her. and what nine-year-old feels like that?

every time she was to glance in a mirror or reflection, she dreaded what was shown back. she was gorgeous... for a girl. but, that's not what she felt.

she couldn't quite understand what was wrong with her to make her feel such dread. her hair was always kept short, never wore anything that wasn't pants, t-shirts (mostly stolen from her father), or hoodies.