ii.

𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵: 803

finally, it was lunch. a moment for colin to rewire his brain after being stuck in classes with people below his intellectual level. colin hates to be rude, but he was fortunate to have the resources to achieve the knowledge and brain he has now, and flaunts his smarts.

that and colin doesn't like people. well, socializing. he hates that. a lot. and flash, screw that kid.

peter and ned sat at one side of the table facing the double doors, and colin sat in front of the two, back to the doors while also being in between so they can see behind him.

"did liz get a new top?" peter questioned, infatuated with the senior girl who was currently helping hang up the homecoming sign. colin scoffed, playing with his food, fork in hand. anytime colin gets the smallest feeling of sadness, he loses his appetite.

"no. we've seen that before, but never with that skirt." ned replied, only piping in because he knows of peter's crush and wants to validate it like the good friend he is.

"we should probably stop staring before it gets creepy though." peter deducted but continued to stare. colin nodded his head, muttering "kill me." which peter heard with his hearing.

"too late. you guys are losers." mj, who sat at the end of the table reading spoke to the trio, mainly directing it to the two creepers.

colin laughed, high-fiving them. peter looked semi-offended with his head off his hand and just furrowed his brows.

meanwhile, ned looked confused as he said, "well, then why do you sit with us?"

"because i don't have any friends." colin scooted down the table so he sat next to mj.

"you are now my new best friend, give me your number and we can rule the world."

———

school was finally over and met happy outside. peter, ned, and mj had academic decathlon so they stayed after to practice with the team.

arriving at home, colin sulked. he hated feelings. especially the amplified teenage hormones he has due to his testosterone. it wasn't a fun experience.

hearing a ding come from his phone, colin rolled over on his bed so he could grab it. seeing a video from mj, he played it.

"flash, you're in for peter." liz spoke before flash inserted his unnecessary comment.

"oof, i don't know. i gotta check my calendar first. i got a note date with black widow coming up." colin heard a ding and the camera zoomed in on abe who was the culprit.

"that is false."

colin let out a laugh, texting back mj with thanks for the video. "god, i love blackmail."

"well, as a stark i'm not surprised."

as if he were a cat, colin jumped, and turned towards his door. there, tony stood with a smirk on his face.

"what the hell!?" tony just laughed before looking around the room and spotting the neglected boxes by his dresser.

"c'mon kid, why haven't you started packing? you know the moving day is coming up." tony asked, sitting next to his son on the bed.

"yeah, i know, i just hate moving so much. we kept going back and forth between here and miami and now it's to the upstate avengers compound. i don't wanna be there if our family isn't." tony sighed, putting his hand on his kid's shoulder, squeezing it tight.

"i know, but it'll be good for us. when i get the team back together, they'll need a place and i want to provide that." colin smiled at his father and nodded.

"yeah, i'll start packing soon. it will be packed in time, don't worry." tony chuckled before standing up.

"i'm always worried when it comes to you, you're a recipe for disaster. which you getting from me doesn't help much. now, come hug me and say goodbye, i'm leaving." colin quickly stood up and hugged his father.

"be good, stay safe, watch over the kid 'cause i don't trust him right now, and call me if you need anything. pepper is at the compound and happy will be here to keep you company while the tower gets packed and loaded." tony kissed colin's forehead before leaving the room, shutting the door behind him.

alone again, colin grabbed his box from under his bed. if anything were to be packed first, it would be the box. and when they move, this box will be on his person, he won't risk losing it at all.

grabbing the flip phone, he turned it on to see a text from dara, who took a while to respond to his previous text due to them being on the run.

"too late? oh my god, i am now on damage control for peter and dara. and i'm not even being paid."