Chapter 20

Third person's POV

It was 3:30 in the morning and Roman was up getting ready to leave London.

All of a sudden, since he woke up the first thing on his mind was blood. Roman hasn't killed anyone since forever. He even dreamed about blood.

Roman craved to watch someone take their last breath.

He went downstairs to go check on Ciara and saw that she was ready to go, But didn't like that she was laughing with another man. Who the fuck is he? He thought to himself.

Roman's body started to shake uncontrollably and he clenched his fists. Pulling out his gun from his waistband, Roman shot the man is his back three times.

A loud scream came from Ciara's mouth as the unknown man fell to the ground.

She was in-shock. Blood was all over her bright yellow crop top. The unknown man was only trying to cheer her up.

Roman walked over to her and grabbed the back of her neck. "Just because your mad at me doesn't mean you can talk to other men, your still mine" he told her.

Helga ran to the kitchen along with two men beside her. There she saw Roman holding Ciara in a tight grip. She saw blood on Ciara and her second secretary bleeding to death. She was pissed. It was too early for this bullshit.

"Roman let go of her" she yelled pulling him away from the poor girl. "Roman, honey please calm down, did you take your medication?" She said grabbing his face with her two hands.

"No, and I don't need them" he said stubbornly. Helga quickly walked to her bodyguard and told him to get the syringe and medicine.

Helga went to go check her secretary's pulse to see if he was alive. Sadly he wasn't.

"Here it is mam" her bodyguard said handing her the syringe with the liquid already inside. She snatched it from him and walked towards Roman. While he was turned around putting bullets in his gun, she stabbed the needle into his arm.Roman's body fell to the floor.

Helga has been doing this for years. Since Roman was a young teen. When he would have a one of those episodes.

"Gerald and Chris, take his body to the car and then clean this mess up. Burn Aaron's body also" Helga told them sternly.

"Ciara come with me to the dining room" she told Ciara. She was still frightened of what happened earlier.

They both sat down in the dining room chairs facing each other. "Martha go get me a cigarette" she said to the maid doing the dishes. She nodded and walked off.

"Was that the first time Roman has lashed out you like that?" Helga asked Ciara. Ciara shook her head no.

"I know my grandson can be difficult, and hard to deal with, but he was not alway like that" Helga told her.

"Why is he like that, all crazy?" Ciara asked. Helga looked at her and smiled. She wanted to tell her everything. She felt like Ciara deserved to know, because she knew Ciara will deal with her grandson for the rest of her life.

Martha came in with her cigarette and lighter and handed it to Helga.

"I'm gonna tell you a how Roman got like this, because you deserve to know" Helga said lighting her cigarette.

"My son abused his mother Carolynn and Roman" she started off. "Me and my husband took care of Roman at 12 years old when he killed his own father from self defense" Helga told Ciara. Ciara gasped in shock. He was only 12.

"I was heartbroken and devastated of how broken he was, I took him to a child psychiatrist and stayed in his room until he fell asleep, but that didn't help."

"My husband Edward made him stop going to his therapy sessions, because he felt like he didn't need it, but that's bullshit"

"Roman was diagnosed with a bipolar disorder, depression, schizophrenia, and PTSD by the time he was 13 years old" Helga said. "Every night I would calm him down when he woke up everyone from his nightmares, but I stopped because Edward said he needed to do it on his own" Helga explained.

"And by the time Roman was 15 he would refuse to take his medication and started to hate Edward and me". A tear ran down Helgas face as she remembered the times Roman would lash out on her. She really didn't have a good relationship with her grandson. And it was mostly her husband's fault.

But now that her husband is dead, she wants to build a relationship with him.

"My son was a terrible bastard, way worst than Roman. "I didn't only fail as a mother, but also a grandmother." Helga said, crying her eyes out. "And I feel like it my fault he's the way he is."

Ciara sat there and watched as she balled her eyes out. She had nothing to say. Roman did deserve better parents and a childhood, but that still isn't an excuse to act that way.

Helga put a syringe and medicine on the table. "Here, take this" she said giving it to Ciara. "This is called Aripiprazole, Inject it into Roman or put a pill in his drink if he starts to act crazy again" she told her. "Make him take the medicine everyday, got it" Ciara nodded and took the medicine.

"You should get going, don't want to miss your flight" she told her. Helga walked Ciara outside to the car and opened the door for her. There Roman was on the other side, still unconscious.

Ciara got in the car and put on her seatbelt. Helga stood there and got closer to her. "I know he isn't right in the head, but if you break his heart, I will ruin you life and make you so miserable you'll wish you never met me. Am I clear?" Helga said. She didn't play when it came to her loved ones. She was very serious.

"Yes" Ciara said back. "Good, have a safe flight" Helga said smiling. She shut the door and went back in her home. Helga and Roman both intimidated her.

******************

Ciara's POV

Me and Roman have been on the plane for a few hours now. He still hasn't woken up and I hope it stays that way.

"Would you like something to drink miss" the flight attendant said. "No thank you" I told her.

I got up and took a seat next to the window looking at the white fluffy clouds. Oh shit. I just realized my birthday was in six days. I let out a frustrated sigh. I don't even know what I want or what I'm gonna do.

I hear the bed move on the plane and quickly turn my head. He's awake.

"Where am I" he said. "We are on our way back to New York" I told him. I walked over to my bad and brought out the pills Helga gave me.

"Here, your grandma said you need to take this everyday" I said giving him the pill and a bottle of water.

Roman smacked the pill out my hand and got up. "I don't need that shit" He said. What the fuck?

"I'm so fucking pissed that bitch put me to sleep, Did I kill that son of a bitch that you was flirting with earlier?" He yelled. I slowly walked over to my bag and hid the syringe behind my back just incase I need to use it on him. I'm really scared of him. I'm scared what he's capable of doing.

"She's not a bitch she really cares about you, And yes you did kill him." "I didn't flirt with him, he was just trying to make me feel better because of what you did to me" I yelled.

"Ciara, you are mine I don't care if you did or didn't flirt with him." "The only man who is suppose to make you laughs me, got it" he said.

"Yes" I replied back. "Roman can you please take your medication for me, please" I said begging him.

"If you want this relationship to work please take them everyday" I said grabbing his face. He nodded his head and I went over to my bag and gave him the pill along with the water.

Roman took the pill and swallowed it. I even had to make him open his mouth to make sure he actually swallowed it.

"Come back to bed with me, let's watch a movie" he said leading me to the bed.

The whole plane ride we watched movies and ate snacks. Roman rubbed and squeezed my thigh the whole time. It made me uncomfortable at first but I got use to it.

I cuddled up close to him and closed my eyes taking a long nap.

***************