(4)

At the foot of the Amethyst hills, the Amelia Biosphere Reserve sat gracefully.

The core, nearest to the hills, of the forest was a reserved area. No human was allowed except occasional rangers and researchers. Those who had visited never failed to be amazed by its beauty and endemic diversity.

The Amelia trees there, was a source of an important drug. The drug which had saved humanity from the ruthless claws of a manmade biochemical disaster.

A patch on the periphery was exclusively reserved for visitors. The land rested on the banks of the amethyst river, green-blue water gurgling its way to the human dwellings.

Few loved the exotic species present there, few loved the calmness it offered, few loved the aesthetic feeling it provided. But few claimed to have seen a building or two near the hill. As usual, no one believed them, they would ask the rangers about it. The ranger would refuse to admit about any dwellings.

During the monthly exchange meet, he will walk up to those very buildings with bags of vegetables, fruits, meat, clothes, and necessities and communicate with men. They would walk up to the deepest part of the forest. The ranger would wait and the men he communicated with changes very gracefully into a wolf, a werewolf. The werewolf would make its way into the darkest part and return with a bag full of barks, Amelia barks.

The ranger would tread back to the quarters and keep this secret safe with him.

They were a part of a system, a kind, a pack. They were called the Blue Moon Pack.