𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 14

╭┈────────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

╰┈➤ ❝ [What once was ours] ❞

The four rogues settled for a town just a bit far from the Little Palace by morning.

Inej, Kaz, and Jesper took their places to guard Alina before she can even exit the wooden chest she had put herself in to run away. Senia staying inside the carriage for a moment.

"We don't want any trouble." Jesper calmly said to Alina.

"Neither do I. So, I'll just be on my way." Alina said, her arms open to not evoke a confrontation, Jesper's hands on his pistol, Kaz grasping his cane tightly, and Inej looking at her in wonder.

"Clearly you want out of East Ravka. We can help you. We have a secure route through the fold."

"I prefer to travel alone." Alina said.

"Don't be rash." Jesper said

"You stick with us, everybody gets what they want." Kaz blocked off Alina's way when she tried to run away using his crow cane.

"I'm not being anyone's captive ever again. So, step aside and let me pass." Alina said preparing herself to run fast and manipulate the sun if she must.

"I'm afraid we can't let that happen." This provoked Alina.

Just in time, Senia got in front of Jesper to shield them from Alina's attack. "Alina, no!" Senia shouted but her friend did not seem to notice who she is. And so she was pushed back to Jesper's arms by the blinding light while Alina runs away, looking back for a moment and a hint of familiarity in her golden eyes now that she had a clear view of an unconscious Senia.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"No horses missing at the stables, so..." Inej said to Kaz when she settled herself on a seat in front of him.

"So?". "What?"

"Are you going to tell me how the target got away?" Kaz asked clenching his jaw.

"I let her go." Inej said without a hint of regret in her voice.

"You were hired to do a job." Kaz explained glaring at Inej's bewildered face.

"Yes, the job was to pick a fake for an easy million kruge. We found a living saint who can summon the sun. "

"A good magician is a good con artist, the trick... is to make it look real." Kaz further exclaimed demonstrating a trick to her.

Inej did not back down, she continued to plead her case while Kaz continued to hide behind his cynicism still in denial that the Sun Summoner was real.