24. I kinda miss you

Chloe's pov

Unedited

Four days had passed since graduation and I was still with the Banleys. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be with them if not for the ultimum foolery Caesar played me into.

He took my certificate and I was given two choices I could choose from;
One: for him to accept the money I wanted to pay for my tuition fee, I had to accept something from him too. Something to do with where I will be working, where I'll enforce my culinary skills.

Honestly now, that's like buying me.

Two: He'll give me back my certificate, let me do whatever I want with my life, go wherever I want and he'll not take the money for my tuition fee that I was to give him.

If I had never been in a dilemma before, I sure was now. I didn't know what was better or worse. Obviously, the second choice was somehow upto my advantage but what was the point of working my ass off at the diner?

I never wanted to feel like I was indebted. I wanted to pay back to the last cent of my tuition fee.

But at that moment I felt indebted. I didn't know what to do or not do. Clearly, I knew nothing about the world out there. More reason to why the first choice seemed inviting.

"You have all the time in the world to make a decision Marvelous."

That's what he told me before he left for work on that fourth day.

I woke up earlier than usual and waited for him in the sitting room. I had enough share of complaints for him but nothing was spoken out loud. Thanks to how his presence turns me into a goo and all my emotions will go haywire thereafter making everything in my stomach a zoo really.

I couldn't focus, not when his cologne was taking the biggest percentage of my thinking. Not when his eyes were caging me, boring holes into mine and not when his lips looked so yummy and inviting all at once.

So I ended up groaning, face palming myself and sinking into the sofa as I watched him leave after winking at me.

Damn his looks and dress code. And his height, and his mouth, and his body oh God, and his eyes and his oh handsome face, and his lips... I swear he's going to be my ultimate sin and I'll gladly be damned by him.

So during the day, there wasn't much I could do. Cherry was at school and I was tired reading my cheesy romance novels that I had borrowed from Bradley.

Paying my little buddy a visit at their shop didn't sound bad. And that's what I exactly did.

I was wearing a black velvet dress, it was sleeveless with a sweetheart neck and it also stopped slightly above my knees. I paired it with my maroon ballet flats which didn't do much with my height. But my height wasn't bad, I was 5'3 and I couldn't complain. My hair was in a tight ponytail and that was cool with me too.

I had bought the dress with Nicole and I used my first paycheck from Mr bad mohawk's diner. It costed me six dollars but it was just cute for me and I liked the way it flayed mostly.

"Look who we have here." Tracy gushed the moment I entered her shop. She was breastfeeding Leddy and the moment my little buddy heard my voice, he immediately turned his head to look where the voice was coming from. " Yes your mom is here." She sighed dramatically tucking her breast into her bra.

She had a big boutique at the centre of bronx city where she sold different kinds of shoes and dresses. It was usually busy but she had two employees who helped her. One girl and one boy. Unlike any other day, that day was a little less busier because it was lunch time, around 1 p.m.