Chapter 11

I yawn, stretching and wincing at the lingering strain in my arms, the bastards teamed up against me in these last few days, since I was the one with a desk job for the last few years. Lessons went swiftly if a little weirdly, Belladonna wasn't really in it lately, but now I am required to assist in the preparations for the dance on Sunday.

I open the doors and I am surprised to see Xiao Long walking past me, she smiles at me before she goes somewhere else, I frown confused but I wave at her anyway, I walk in and I greet the Haven students and half of team RWBY. "Nerys! I need your help" Weiss walks up to me and shows me two tablecloth, I point to the one in her right. "Thank you, you're a lifesaver." she smiles and hugs me before she goes somewhere else in the room.

I walk up to Rose but it's Wukong to ask, "Did you really see any difference between them?"

I look around, surprised, and then I shake my head negatively. "But don't tell her or she will have my head." we chuckle and I glance at the slumped form of a Ruby Rose. "Is something wrong?"

"Blake won't come to the dance, what's the point to go if we are not all together?" she tells me and I am shocked at the teary eyes.

"Okay, it's not the end of the world, Ruby. But also don't worry, I myself didn't want to go to the dances we had."

"What changed?" Vasilias asks curiously.

I chuckle and I say, "My best friends happened. The first one, my partner told me to haul ass and change into a suit so she wouldn't be the only one. Second year was the same, then in third and fourth my other best friend forced me to suffer with her, but at least we matched." I turn to Rose and I grab her shoulder. "Don't lose hope, Ruby."

She smiles and then she asks, "Are you going to chaperone us or you get to have fun?"

I scoff and I reply, "Both, I'm still a professor, but I am a young one." I wink at them and they chuckle. "Do you have dates or are you going with friends?"

Wukong pouts and crosses his arms, then he answers, "I asked Blake, but she turned me down. Brutally."

Vasilias shakes his head and says, "Stag, no one really caught my eye..." I notice the small glance he throws to his friend, but I keep quiet.

I turn to Rose and she says, "I don't know, I... want to ask someone, but I don't know how they will react... and also, Blake." I sigh and I look over to Weiss as she is coming back with a bunch of white roses in a vase.

"Nerys, could you give me a hand with this, since Yang abandoned me and they are not helping?" she asks me glaring at her friends, I smile and I roll up the sleeves of my shirt to the elbows.

Eventually Sunday comes, I am straightening my dark midnight blue jacket, I check the white tie and then I walk in the ballroom, Xiao Long whistles at me and I wink at her. "Wow, you cleaned up very nicely, prof!"

I chuckle and I reply, "Thank you, now excuse me, but I'm going to annoy a certain professor."

She smirks and nods at me, I walk a little past her but then I turn on my heel and I tell her, "You look great too, Miss Xiao Long."

"I know, prof. And if you want Weiss is here somewhere." I laugh at her response while I walk away.

I stand next to Glynda as we watch over the students, I chuckle as I watch Xiao Long and Belladonna dancing. "I was right."

"About what?" she asks, sipping her punch.

"That Belladonna would come, I was like that."

"And yet you came, I remember that first year hitting on me." she glares at me and I chuckle embarrassed.