Prologue

Noah pov

I had him pinned to the floor with his arm twisted behind his back. His other arm was broken so he wasn't able to fight back.

This guy had stolen 40 Kg of cocaine from my brother, that's roughly 5 mil.

We were in an alleyway behind some club.

I then received a phone call. I check the caller ID and accept it seeing it's my mother.

"Hey mum, what's up?" I try to sound as casual as possible in case there were people around me trying to listen in.

"Hi sweetie, I just wanted to check up on you" She sounds tired. My parents are in Sweden right now visiting some old friends for a couple months. It's currently 6pm in New York so it should be around 12am there.

"I'm doing okay, I can't talk for too long though I'm with a client right now. I appreciate you checking up on me but you sound tired mum, go to bed" I answer her.

"Yes yes, I will once we hang up. Anyways just wanted to call and see what you're up to but I'll leave you to it. Have fun, I miss you" She says while trying not to yawn, making me chuckle a little.

"I will, goodnight, love you" I then hang up, pull out my gun and shoot the man I had pinned in the head.

I call my clean-up crew to take care of the body and then I call Sky.

Skyler is my best friend along with her twin brother. Her parents and mine were very close and they are basically family, so when their parents dies, we took them in and they accepted our surname.

Their parents' death was tough on everyone. We were only 7 at the time. We were watching TV in the living room, my parents and brother were out so Caroline and Nicholas, the twins' parents, were staying home with us. Next thing we knew, the three of us were being locked in a panic room and told not to come out unless it was them or my parents. They died fighting off the men who invaded our home but managed to kill every last one. I will always admire them for that.

"Hey loser, I'm picking up a pizza on the way home. What do you want on it?" I ask.

"All dressed no peppers- woah woah woah... You're only asking me this so you get the EXACT opposite of what I want aren't you?" Smart cookie.

"Mmmm perhaps, but don't worry I've got it. All dressed extra peppers. See you luv" I hang up quickly before she can protest.

-

I make it home and go up to my room with the pizza. I hear a knock and mutter a 'come in'. To my surprise it was Adrien who walked in.

Adrien is Sky's brother. He and my brother are married and adopted a little girl just over two years ago. I love her so much, her name is Grace, we call her Gracie, and even though she's only 6, she has more determination than anyone I know.

At first I was confused as to why they would voluntarily bring an outsider into this life, but when I saw how much they love and protect her, all doubt went away.

"Since when do you knock" I asked him with a curious look on my face.

"Since I accidentally walked in on you having the most boring sex I've ever witnessed" He replied with a scowl.

"First off, I will have you know that it isn't THAT boring. Second of all, Vassilio is very caring" I defend my boyfriend.

Vassilio and I met in a bar a year ago, but we only started dating 3 months ago. He seemed sweet so I figured I'd give him a chance, but I've been debating breaking up with him lately. He's being sort of pushy and trying to get me to do things I don't want to.