CHAPTER 15 - Vicky

Noah pov

The next few weeks went by fine. I avoided being alone with Gio despite me not wanting to.

That night in my office a few weeks ago, when I was in his arms, I felt safe. The thought of that safety not being there scared the shit out of me. I needed to distance myself.

Whenever we were in the same room, I would often catch him glancing at me, I only caught it because I was doing the same thing. I felt warm when I knew he was staring.

I think my method was working. Creating space and reminding myself of why I'm not riding the fuck out of him right now.

There is a big dinner tonight to discuss the Russian problem with everyone and our course of action. Close allies and family only. I hadn't met everyone yet, I've seen them around the warehouse when I go but not more than that.

We found out from Xander that Dominic was planning some attacks on the warehouses in Venice in 2 weeks. We're leaving in two days. We want to remain as subtle as we can so only Alessia, Luca, Gio, Sky and I are going. Along with their bodyguard, Matteo. Adrien and Max are settling things from here.

We plan to observe the warehouse from further away and see if we can find anyone shady. If we do, tranquilize them and question them. Find out the location of one of the safehouses, invade and kill everyone. It's been a while since I've had an adrenaline rush, so I'm excited for that.

I got ready for dinner. I decided on natural makeup, I don't like wearing it anyways, so just a little highlighter in the middle of my eye, mascara and lip gloss. I decided on a form fitting, mid thigh black dress which I paired with black heels. It had a heart shaped neckline and mesh ruffled sleeves. I felt my hair down and loose. I put a thigh holster on with a small knife on the inside of my dress so the outline wouldn't show. You can never be too prepared right?

Sky walked into my room with a silk, emerald, short dress, which nicely contrasted her tanned skin, it had spaghetti straps and a slit on the side which showed a little leg. She had on her locket that her mom left for her when she passed. She never takes it off. I can understand why. Her hair was tied in a high ponytail and she had green heels that matched her dress.

"Luca is gonna faint when he sees you." I told her.

She shrugged a little and started playing with her locket.

"You really like him don't you?" I felt happy for her, she's been through so much with her parents' death, her abusive ex, she deserves to be happy. From the month I've known Luca, he deserves her too.

"Yeah, he treats me really well." I think this is the only time I've seen her this happy.

Adrien then walked in wearing a dark blue buttoned down and grey khakis.

"Jesus we all look hot." We all chuckled at his statement.

I grabbed my work phone and started heading out the door with our arms intertwined, Adrien in the middle. One phone is for work, so killings, shows, extra jobs, all that stuff. I have a bunch of numbers on it for clean up crew and other people I might find necessary. My other phone is more personal, it's mainly used for emergencies. The only numbers on it are Max's, Sky's, Alessia's, my parents', Adrien's, Luca's and Gio's.

We started walking down the steps and I noticed there were around 40 people here. The table in the bigger dining room can fit that many so it's fine.

We got downstairs and my eyes scanned the room until they fell onto a familiar pair of dark green ones. He was standing with some other men who were talking to him but his entire attention seemed to be on me.