CHAPTER 24 - AMBUSHING PT2

Alessia pov

I got up to the rooftop and saw three other snipers there. I knew all of them, two of them had trained with me, the other was a bit older. I'd seen him around the training center every once in a while and during missions.

He's always given me bad vibes. I would constantly catch him checking out the trainees, the underage trainees. He would also "help" our positions, so basically just touch our ass and stuff.

We got our snipes and scoped set up and we were just waiting for further instructions.

I heard my cell phone ring and cursed myself for not turning it off. I checked it and saw it was Noah. Why would she be calling me? I answered the call and brought it up to my ear.

"Alessia. I didn't want to talk through the earpiece because it's public. act normal, don't freak out.." She said in a calm tone.

"Yeah yeah no worries. What's up mom?" I asked nonchalantly. I noticed him staring at me intently from the corner of my eye.

"The man on the rooftop with you, the older one. I recognize him. He's Russian. Take him out before he can do any damage. I'm sorry to put this sort of pressure on you, but I know you'll handle it."

"Yup, sounds great. Love you!" I exclaimed and hung up. I noticed him staring at me questioningly. I turned to him and put on a fake smile. "Sorry, just my mom wanted to know if risotto was okay for dinner. Won't happen again." I told him.

"Don't let it." He grumbled.

I looked over our equipment and didn't see a silencer anywhere.

I looked over to Winston. He was always nice to me. A lot of the guys in my class used to check me out during training, but he never did. He always told them off for it. I think he had a crush on me back then.

"Hey Winston, can I talk to you?" I say quietly.

"Yeah sure." He says with a small smile.

"What can't you say in front of all of us that you need to speak privately?" The creep said.

"It's a... private matter." I said hesitantly. "I was going to ask him on a date, so if you'd let me do that, it'd be great." I said as I grabbed Winston's hand and went to the other side of the roof where no one could hear us.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "I must say I'm flattered, but I haven't had a crush on you since middle school. You are very beautiful though."

I smiled at his response. Then I leaned in so I could whisper in his ear. "The man with us, he's russian. When I fire the first shot and people start crowding the house, point out a target for him to shoot, then I'll  take him out. Pretend like I just said something super flirty." I pulled away.

"I will gladly take you up on that offer, on one condition, you have to be naked." He said a little louder so the other two could hear, but not loud enough for it to be obvious.

"Thank you" I whispered.

"Anytime." He kissed my cheek.

I smiled at him and walked back to our post.

I heard Gio talk to us through the intercom. "Alessia, we're here. Fire the first shot in about 30 seconds. Good?"

"Got it boss." I answered firmly.

I looked through my scope to look for a target. I finally found a man sitting in an upstairs office with three other people. He was standing up, reading some files. Luckily, the window was open enough for me to shoot my shot. I got him straight in the head. Soon enough, the other three ran up and not long after, the house was sounding with alarms.