CHAPTER 10 - BRUISES

Gio pov

I'm still a little confused as to how Mortem is a woman. I guess it makes sense though, no one has seen her face or body, she never talks without her generator and she's the best assassin in the underworld. No one would ever think she's a woman.

Max decided to call off the Mortem shows for a while, till we deal with Russians at least. They attract a lot of attention and who knows who can get in. Tonight is the last one for a while seeing as people had already bought tickets.

Noah and I were currently on a mission and being chased by 3 black SUVs. We had to go spy on one of the Russian gangs allied with Dominic.

The mission was going fine and so we decided to drive back home.

Noah noticed a car following us and told me to make 3 rights. I did, then 2 more cars showed up.

She got a gun from the glove compartment, opened the sun roof, stood up and started shooting at them just as they did at her.

She managed to shoot the two front wheels of the car behind us and to our right.

She got back into the car and straddled me. I know it isn't the time but I felt blood instantly rush to my crotch.

She seemed to notice my excitement and just glared at me. "Really? Now?"

"Sorry Amore, can't control it." I smirked at her annoyance.

She tried to shoot the last car and managed to shoot the man in the passenger seat. That didn't slow him down though

"Okay one car left but they're too close for me to shoot the wheels."

I give her a knowing look and ask "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

We both look at the bridge coming up in front of us. She nods and unbuckles my seatbelt. She opens the door a little to give us easier access to get out.

I drive on the bridge and swerve the car so it goes flying into the river below us.

We manage to both get out of the car before it hits some rocks in the water.

I get to the surface and look for Noah. Fuck, I can't find her anywhere. I turn around and see her clutching her stomach on a ledge under the bridge. I quietly swam over to her, the car following us drove off already.

I see her bleeding, a lot. She lifts her shirt and I see a pipe lodged into her stomach but that's not the only thing. bruises, all over her abdomen. How the fuck did she get those?

I look up to see her face covered in them too, she must've been wearing makeup.

My mind is too filled with worry to think anything of it so I only focused on getting her out of the water and back to the house.

We weren't too far and Noah insisted on walking.

"Let me at least help you." She considered this for a moment then nodded.

I took her arm and threw it over my shoulder. We walked to the house and immediately went to the infirmary in the first floor of the basement. We saw Sky in the living room so she took Noah's other arm and helped me lead her down.

The nurse told us that her injuries weren't fatal but she needs to rest for the next 3 weeks because the pipe went pretty deep. then she said something that confused the fuck out of me.

"Upon examining the rest of her body, I found some bad bruises but I think they'll be gone soon." I saw those earlier. "I also found some old scars. Ones that were stitched up and ripped open over and over again. The scar tissue never really healed. It doesn't affect her, I just thought you should know."

What the fuck?

"That's not all, there are also several whip and burn marks." The nurse said apologetically.

I looked to Sky with a questioning look on my face. She just looked down with a sad expression.

The nurse walked out leaving me and her alone.

"What is this about the scars? Why does she have them?" I asked her. I wanted to hurt whoever put those on her body.

"Well you know she was kidnapped when she was a kid don't you?" I nodded at her hesitantly. "Well that's how she got them..."

I really needed to ask her about that year. I wanted to know what they did to her so I could hurt them ten times worse.

"Oh, what happened to her?" I asked.

She tensed up at my question. "I don't know, she never talked about it with anyone. Even if I did know, it isn't my story to tell. All I know is that, when she came back, she wasn't the smiley fourteen year old girl we all knew. After that year, I've never seen her smile at anyone other than us. I can say that, from the state she was in the night she came home, I knew if it'd been me, I'd have been long dead."

"What do you mean?"

"She got home, her clothes were torn in half, she had multiple stab wounds and whips markings. her face was so bruised up, we didn't even recognize who she was. We took her to the hospital and turns out she had 10 broken bones yet still managed to run home." She must've seen my shocked expression because she just gave me a small smile and went into Noah's room.