CHAPTER 6 - MORTEM ARENA

Noah pov

"How do you even know Mortem, does he work for you" I hear Luca asking Max.

"I can't tell you anything," Max says chuckling. Max organized the Arena events, there's usually one per week.

Basically, it's just me killing a bunch of scumbags with no weapons. It's quite stress relieving.

A lot of people have tried to take off my cloak but they don't expect me to still have a layer of protection, I mean, come on, I'm not stupid.

"Hey" I walk into the huge kitchen.

"Hi Noah, no chance you'll change your mind about going to the arena tonight?" Luca asks me.

He seems like a nice guy, not really a playboy but still has that attitude, minus the women. From what I've gathered from his and Sky's reaction when they're around each other, I can tell that they both have feelings but are too shy or scared to admit them. They will eventually, I'd say about a week before they kiss, give or take.

I shake my head and grab an apple. I start leaving but not before crashing into a wall, a big and hard one. I stumble back a little and look up to the thing in my way, or rather the who. Gio.

"Watch it" I roll my eyes and start to walk off.

"You walked into me..." I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

Gio hasn't actually done much to annoy me, except for flirting and passing snarky comments. But for some reason, he gave off a different energy, I don't know what it is yet though. He's unreadable.

"Hey wait, I never asked my question." I told him.

"Alright, shoot." Straight to the point, okay.

"Why do you have such a vendetta against the russians?" He seemed to tense up at my question. He clenched his fists and suddenly I regretted asking him.

"He killed some people important to me. I killed Dominic's wife, from then on the war continued" I didn't want to pry anymore. So at that, I nodded and walked to my room to get ready.

I grabbed my cloak and mask, and stuffed them into my duffel bag. I don't pack heavy because when I leave the arena, there's usually a crowd of people wanting to know who I am. So I usually dip out the back and ride off on my black Ducati V4S. Then when I get to a random locations with no one there, I change back and head home

I got to the building through the underground entrance. We have a club nearby that has a tunnel running under the streets, no one knows about it besides me, Max, Sky and Adrien.

Stepping into my office inside the club next door, I looked into the security cams and saw everyone I expected to plus the Italians. I could tell that Alessia looked ecstatic to be there, my guess is she's never seen one of my shows in person.

The seating doesn't hold that many people, so usually tickets are sold out days before the show.

The only person I didn't see is Max, my guess is he's on his way to come get me with a bodyguard.

I still have no clue why he insists I need one, I'm literally here to kill people.

As expected, a few seconds later, he comes in. "Hey, don't forget you're "meeting" us after the show. I'll need your phone to send us a text during our meeting though so they don't suspect anything"

"Yeah don't worry, I'll make it dramatic." I send him a reassuring nod.

"I expect nothing less, let's go give 'em a show."