Chapter 38 - Daddy's Dead

Noah pov

Meeting Alonzo Vitale was quite an experience. He'd kissed my knuckles and told me how beautiful I was. He flirted with me all day while his wife was on the other side of the table.

I knew what he had done to his children. His son was killed and he'd done nothing, he abused his other son and tried to force his daughter into many marriages. Gio had told me about his father and everything he was responsible for.

"So tell me Noah, what does a fine lady like you do in this type of business." He wiped his mouth with a cloth.

"I work for my brother and do some other jobs." He let out a loud laugh at my response.

"That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. This world has no place for women working in it, too dangerous. Do you know what I mean?"

I looked over at Alessia knowing she had a big part in the mob. She gently shook her head, a silent request for me to not say anything about her work.

"Yes, sir." I mumbled.

"So what of you and my son?" I tensed at his question and looked over at Gio.

"What of us?" He asked his father.

"I hope you aren't dating, it would be so chaotic. Imagine, a mob boss and the sister of one! Ha!" He laughed loudly. "It would be way too dangerous on top of it all." Everyone was silent.

"No, we aren't dating." I said in the most emotionless voice I could fathom. "If you'll excuse me." I stood up and walked into a hallway. I was feeling lightheaded, someone laced my drink with something. My vision was becoming spotty, my head was hurting and I couldn't keep my balance.

I felt a man cage me into his arms, against the wall.

"You have been killing me all night," He breathed down my neck, "Let's go have some fun."

He grabbed my arm and led me into an empty room, despite my slurred protests.

"I've seen the way my son looks at you, must be some magical pussy to keep him coming back. Let's see what the big deal is about, shall we?"

He started pulling the straps of my top down, he then moved onto my skirt. He pulled down my skirt and underwear. He tugged down the zipper on his own pants and laid me down on the bed.

Before he could proceed, he was ripped off of me and there was a gunshot. I lazily looked down and saw him there bleeding, clutching his chest. Standing near him was Gio with his signature black and gold glock.

"What happened to your vow not to kill him?" I lazily remember him telling me he wasn't petty enough to kill his own father.

"He was going to hurt you," He approached me and put my clothing back on me. "I wasn't going to allow that."

"Just you and me right?" I chuckled. Goosebumps went through my body as Gio caressed my arm. He picked me up and brought me to my room.

"Just you and me." He whispered.

He changed me into one of his shirts that was still in my closet and placed me under the covers. He was about to leave until I spoke up. "Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?" He nodded and get in next to me. We were on our sides just looking at each other.

"I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm just scared." A lonesome tear escaped my eye.

"It's okay to be scared. What are you scared of?" He whispered before kissing my cheek.

"Loving you too much." Is the only thing I could say before passing out.