Chapter 41 - Mission 1245

Noah pov

Gio woke up before me, then woke me up. He claimed that he wanted to spend time with me before the missions. We just laid in bed holding each other for the whole day.

The flight to Moscow was 3 hours long. We decided to not take any chance and take connecting flights. It leaves a trace of us being in Paris under fake names, then we change our passports again.

Now we were getting ready to go to the garage and collect the explosives.

We had rifles that the Russian soldiers used, working under Dominic. The uniform, the black ski-mask. Everything is in place.

We drove to the garage in a pitch black dodge challenger. It's a pretty basic car but it works.

I exchanged a few texts with Sky on our way.

Sky : how's it going with him?

Me : we slept together

Sky : did it mean anything?

Me : I guess we'll see after the mission

Sky : ok be safe

Me : i love you

I put my phone away before I could see her reply.

We met up with François, my second cousin on my dad's side. His family has a shit ton of money but he still decided he wanted to be an engineer.

"You be safe out there okay?" He gives me a firm handshake and then turns to Gio to give him one too.

"Thank you Frankie" I kissed his cheek. "Tell Estrella I said hi". His wife might be the sweetest person I know. They live out in the country, about a 10 minute drive from town. I would say they have a perfect life, they live in a small town close to the city, two adorable children and a dog. They're a picture perfect family.

We make our way to the mansion, where we've asked our moles to take this night's shift.

We ditch the car and walk for an hour before getting to the gate. One of the men inside speaks first. "Identification"

"Mission 1245" Gio responds in a voice that makes them quiver.

The man steps aside with his colleague. "Sir." He said with a nod.

"There's a car waiting for you an hour walk east. Here are the keys. You will drive to the airport, a jet will be waiting for you. You'll fly to New York and give Luca Bernardi all of your information. He will give you your final payments and then your services will no longer be needed. The mafia will leave you alone so long as you follow Omerta."

"Yes sir." The other said while taking the keys and they both started running in the direction of the car.

"They don't have anything to bring with them?" I asked.

"Nope, they came here with barely anything and the money that we'll give them will be more than enough to set them and their children up for life."

I nod in understanding. "I hate these fucking masks." I mutter, feeling some of my baby hairs rubbing against my forehead.

"Just an hour left. Let's put the dummies here and go." He grabs the two mannequin torsos we brought to cover for us and head inside through the side door.

A man at the entrance stops us from coming in. "Aren't you two supposed to be at the gate?"

"We just finished our shift, the guys came out through the pool shed, I think they were having sex. We're on break now" Gio whispered like he was a gossiping middle schooler.

"Who?" He asked in a gruffly voice.

"Dumitru and Maksim" The guard gasps at Gio's confession. I think he just guessed random names, but hey if it works, it works.

"I knew Maksim was a fag but I never would've guessed Dumitru..." He thinks about it for a minute.

"Right? Anyways, enjoy the rest of your night." Gio says trying to get past him.

"Wait." He nods up at me. "What's in the bag?" I give him a sign to wait a second then open the bag which has a layer of red skittle bags covering the bombs. I hand him one. "I know you guys were new, but you're my favorites now."

We give him a nod and move inside.

a/n guys don't ask me what an engineer does. literally could not tell you.