T W E L V E

Two months. Two months and Alana had gotten so much better at wizard duels. All because of him, all because of Mattheo Riddle.

He had hurt her sure, but in a way, her getting hurt had gotten her better at fights. They both knew that Alana could easily defend herself now but she still went and he still stayed. You could say that in a way, they had developed a bond. Now Riddle would approach her in front of her friends and anywhere while she could always talk to him in the corridors. Their fights were always there but their fights were now somewhat different.

Over these months, Umbridge's rein of terror had grown. Many decrees, inspection in every class and Umbridge had been made High Inquisitor after an argument with McGonagall. She had almost fired Professor Trelawney. Eventhough she hadn't known the professor that much, when she was looking at the way Umbridge had tried to fire her, she felt pity for her. But Dumbledore had swooped in to save the day. Trelawney had gotten fired but she still stayed in the school grounds. 

That day she was sitting in the Gryffindor table with her siblings, Harry, Rhiannon and Hermione. "So... dear sister, what is going on with you and Riddle?" Fred asked. Alana looked up at him from her book and food.

"We've got eyes, Alana, we see how you and Riddle act now" Ron joined in. Alana shot a confused look at him.

"What he means is that, even though it looks like you both want to kill each other but you're not rushing at each other to do it" Ginny said.

"Nothing" She shook her head, she couldn't tell them about the classes.

"That doesn't look like nothing" Hermione gestured at a smirking Riddle, who had been looking at her and smirking.

She grinned back. "We're becoming acquaintances" She said.

"Acquaintances, huh?" Rhiannon smirked. "I don't know about you, Alana, but I don't look at my acquaintances like that".

"You're saying that, really?" Alana asked, blue eyes darting between Fred and the raven haired girl who had somewhat grown closer.

Rhiannon turned the color of Fred's hair as she glanced at the boy who looked nervous and awkward, his twin beside him looking utterly confused. 

"That's crap, you've know each other for six years and everytime it looked like one of you is going to spring on the other one. Since the past two months you both look like... one of you fancies the other" George blurted.

"That's bullshit" She said, absentmindedly. Suddenly a hand was put on the table next to hers. When she looked up, it was Harry.

"Do you mind if we talk to you for a minute, Alana?" Harry asked. Behind him were Hermione and Ron. 

"Sure..." She trailed of and Ron pulled her along with them and out of the Great Hall and into a corridor. 

"What's wrong?" She said, looking at the three of them.

"Your hand" Ron gestured to her gloved hand. 

"Oh... I just feel really cold" Alana said, tugging on it.

The three looked at each other and with hesitancy, Harry pulled his robe sleeve back. It had the words, 'I must not tell lies' on it, making Alana gasp.

"Did Umbridge do that?" Alana asked. Harry nodded. Then she pulled her glove back and showed them the fading words carved into her skin.

"Oh that's bad" Hermione said, a hand on her mouth. Alana smiled at her.

"So, how are we taking the bitch down?" Alana asked, pulling her glove back on.

"We've got a plan. During the upcoming Hogsmeade, bring everyone you can to the Hog's Head. Anyone who believes in Harry" Hermione said.