T W E N T Y - T H R E E

The Burrow had been full for some time. There were two sets of couple and five teenagers all living under the same roof. And soon enough another member was coming to live inside this house. 

Dumbledore had come to their house some time ago to inform that Harry was soon enough going to come over and live at their very full and very lovely house. It was a good thing that Fred and George had gotten their own apartment above their shop, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.

Well, not very lovely exactly. Bill had recently gotten engaged to this French girl, Fleur Delacour. Who. Alana happened to know- almost everyone in the house knew Fleur. She was the Beauxbatons champion for the Triwizard Tournament that had been held in her fifth year. 

Alana had been one of the happy members of the family when Bill had announced this certain engagement, practically jumping on top of the long red haired Weasley out of joy. Alana hadn't talked that much to Fleur in her fifth year except the time when one of Fleur's Beauxbatons friends had gotten into a fight with Donna, and Fleur and Alana had to separate both the girls. Oh and once when Fleur had complimented her over how pretty she looked. Alana had a permanent red over her cheeks for the whole day.

Well the thing was that Mrs Weasley, Hermione and Ginny didn't exactly approve of Fleur. And Alana knew the reason for all this. Fleur was an exceptionally beautiful person and not the brightest exactly. Ron was attracted to Fleur and that irked Hermione, though Hermione never really liked her even since the Triwizard Tournament. Fleur treated the youngest Weasley sister as if she was a child. Her Mum didn't like her future daughter in law because not only had Fleur insulted her favorite singer, she had also criticized the state of the Weasley household and she was usually a rude person.

As Alana and her mother were one day doing the laundry after another one of Fleur's remark, she had heard her say this in anger, "I know the girl only wants to marry my Bill because of how he looks". Alana's eye grew to the size of saucers and her eyebrows raised at that.

One day after Fleur had talked about something to Ginny and Hermione, she had heard her younger sister calling the blonde a phelgm. She had hit Ginny's head with a book after that, hard, making Ron, Hermione and Mason burst into laughter.

Almost all of the young males seemed to be enchanted over the fiancee of Bill Weasley. Including her best friend, Mason who was staying with them that summer. Every time she saw her brunette best friend drooling over Fleur, she hit him with something or the other, constantly reminding him that he had a lovely girlfriend.

The Weasley family had gotten along with the brunette Slytherin very well. Mr And Mrs Weasley were even treating the boy like how they would treat Hermione or Harry. The first week Mason was there, everything was tense but eventually everything eased down. Ron would even approach the seventeen year old over Quidditch and Bill was talking to him. But then there were Fred and George, everytime they were over they would get bothered by the young Slytherin, a lot. They would perform most of their new pranks on him or throw snarky comments at him. These things eventually stopped after a while, mostly due to Alana's hexes.

It was another very plain night, the Weasleys, Mason, Fleur and Hermione were on the dinner table. All of them were having a conversation among themselves when Alana saw Mason staring at Fleur once again. She hit him in the knee with her fork, making him howl out in pain.

"What's wrong, Mason honey?" Mrs Weasley asked.

"Nothing, I just hit my knee on the table accidentally" He answered, gulping his food down and looking at Alana from the corner of his eye. Everyone nodded and got back to the things they were doing. 

Mason looked at his best friend with a mixture of apology and pleading "Was just reminding you about Daphne" She whispered, audible for only the two of them to hear and shifted her focus back to her food.