Book Two: My songs know what you did in the dark (light 'em up)

II. "So now the world can't ever get me on my level."

26 February 2015, Thursday @ 19:14

I know for a fact I am not the easiest person to get along with or to comprehend. Sort of like a riddle trapped inside a mystery followed by an enigma. I have found very few people along the years who understand and appreciate my brand of humour and even less who understand my way of thinking.

This is my way, I suppose, of trying to get who I am out there into the world. There was this line from Birdman where Emma Stone is shouting at Michael Keaton that would have fit perfectly here but I've forgotten it. Something about the world being full of people who don't want to be forgotten or want to be noticed.

I'm an extrovert in the sense that I'm loudmouthed and often say the things I probably shouldn't but do anyway. That rarely extends to my deeper thoughts and feelings on situations or even myself. It boils down to comfort and safety. There are so few people I've allowed that close to be that comfort and safety. There have been instances where I've landed up regretting allowing certain people close and there have also been instances where ten years later, I still share the same relationship as I did originally with people I've allowed to break my barriers.

The key to it all is time. Over time you'll learn who the people are that you can depend on and yes, sometimes you will get hurt but that gives you more of an idea of the type of people you can trust.