Book 9: Young Volcanoes

I. "We are wild! We are like young volcanoes!"

17 March 2015, Tuesday @ 22:06

I've reached a place in my life where I'm starting to feel like my constant mantra is taking effect.

"I will be at peace.
I will let go."

I feel as though I'm really starting to live out those words. It's an amazing feeling and I wish it for anyone who's earnestly pursuing a state of peace in their lives. I always look back at how much time I wasted in a state of sorrow and morbidity and now that I know this level of freedom and release from the things that used to control me, I will never give them back the control.

I never really paid attention to how much I gave to others despite it being detrimental to me, until I actually sat back and dedicated time to thinking about it in depth. My life revolved around people who didn't matter and didn't give me the same high regard. I would sit and obsess over their wellbeing while mine was never even a thought that would cross my mind. I've changed that now - not in the sense that I've become a selfish person but in the sense that I don't just wear my heart on my sleeve and let anyone in who shows me a little bit of affection.

No one deserves to be treated badly. Especially someone who doesn't treat others badly. So if you're aware of the type of person you are and feel like there may be someone taking advantage of your better qualities, talk about it once and allow them the opportunity to change. If it carries on, as hard as it is, walk away because you may find yourself trapped. And we are too wild to be trapped.