Book Four: Where did the party go

I. "This is the story of how they met."

28 February 2015, Saturday @ 18:07

It was in biology class in early 2005, I was bored as hell and missed my music back at home. I was currently listening to bands such as Greenday, All American Rejects and yellow card. My friend Tanya called me over to her desk and plugged in an ear buddy into my left ear and told me to listen to a song.

Through the earphone, was the unusual voice of Patrick Stump singing "where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman. Maybe he won't find out what I know, you were the last good thing about this part of town."

Two weeks later I had the complete albums of "Evening out with your girlfriend" (or as Brendon Urie would say, "eating out your girlfriend") and "Take this to your grave." Later that year "From Under the Cork Tree" was released. In 2007 I was one of those people who stood in line to get "Infinity on High" and "Folie a Deux" was on preorder for me at the local malls CD store. Then there was the hiatus :'( oh, that God awful word! I cried for weeks and played my FOB along with a wine bottle in tears.

Then, in April 2013, I heard that voice again. It was like heaven opened up and prayers were answered.

I wish that my story of Fall Out Boy was really the story of how "they" met... This is the real story...

---

It was on the 5th of May 2014. It was my cousins 21st birthday and he had invited some friends over for a small celebration. We had forgotten to get lemons for the tequila so the friends who were there got into their cars along with me to get some from the local grocer. As we travelled home, I saw a friend I knew, let's refer to him as T, walking towards our place. He had someone with him who I didn't get a good look at until we got into the light at home but we introduced ourselves nonetheless. Let's call this guy A.

When we got home into the light, I looked at A really well for the first time. God, he was gorgeous. He was really tall, with piercing blue eyes and broad shoulders and a jaw line that was so chiseled it looked like he was a sculpture.

I spent most of the evening stealing looks at him, as he did me. It seemed we were both checking each other out. But he didn't make a move. Our mutual friend T ended up drinking too much and hugging the toilet. When he was better, A and I put him to bed in my room and A left to my cousins room to play x box. It was then I walked in and kissed him. We went for a smoke outside and ended up kissing again.

It was eight months of bliss. Until he left...

And that was the heart breaking and very hard story to tell of how they met.