Book 4: Where did the party go?

III. "I hoped for your name on the Ouija board."

1 March 2015, Sunday @ 15:47

Ah, a new month lies ahead. And I'm looking forward to this month fully - even with some sad dates coming up, it's still another month where I get to practice being the remix of myself.

Now, onto the topic above. I always believed in destiny. What is meant to happen will occur and it will either teach you a lesson or open up new doors of opportunities.

I had always thought A and I were destined - I hoped he was "The One." From all the things said and vows made, I put all my energy into him being the one. But destiny decided that he wasn't a new door of opportunity but rather a lesson to be learned. I learnt that lesson hard and fast and I won't lie - there are fleeting moments where I miss him. But as I said, fleeting. I won't spend energy missing and caring for someone who has no intention of ever doing likewise and when I realised that, I started becoming happy again.

My destiny lies in finding my true happiness. Happiness is not something you get from a man of partner but rather something you learn to harvest within yourself by identifying WHO you are and ACCEPTING the person you are and growing with that acceptance.

Remember, "you are WHAT you love, not WHO loves you."