two: the girl

The girl from the video was in the elevator with me.

She walked in without realizing I was in here.

I was coming into work for the table read when she came in.

I instinctively pressed myself against the wall of the elevator, in an attempt to somehow blend in and avoid being seen. My shoulders loosened, dropping when I realized that she didn't notice me.

She's a lot shorter in person than the video makes her out to be.

Lorne showed us the video and Aidy says she met her when it happened. I mean, I knew she'd be coming in today to be part of the musical segment but I never expected her to look like this. Give me some credit, will ya? The original video was blurry as fuck. I could barely make out her face.

But now, here she was. She's so short...

She's so... pretty. Like, really pretty.

Her skin looks so perfect. I'd be surprised if she wasn't wearing any makeup. I took in her long dark hair, her gorgeous brown eyes, her long lashes.

My eyes stopped to stare at her full lips for a lot longer than I had consciously intended to.

I felt my lips pull into a smile; I pulled them in embarrassment and bit them back.

Quit blushing, dumbass. You look weird.

I couldn't help but just look at her. No matter how much my mind wanted to stare down at my shoes, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. They refused to look at anything other than her.

She looked so sophisticated in her little black coat. I looked so underdressed compared to her. I saw a bit of her outfit underneath, but stopped myself because I felt weird looking at her like that.

Say something.
Quick! Say hi to her.

Uhhh...

What should I say?

Hi, I'm Pete!... and then shake hands with her.

I kinda want to hug her... is that creepy? Would that weird her out? She's a whole foot shorter than me.

Should I ask her for her name? Does she already know my name?

I'm still staring at her.

Stop. You're gonna freak her out.

Uhhhhh...

Oh my God, say something! Say something funny! Make her laugh! Tell her she's pretty... but, like, after you say something funny; you don't want her to think you're making fun of the way she looks or anything.

You know what? Don't tell her she looks pretty. She already knows she's pretty. You'll just annoy her.

I gulped, trying to think of the right thing to say without embarrassing myself. I don't know why I'm so nervous with her. I don't usually act like this with anyone.

An anxious chuckle slipped from my lips, making me bite my bottom lip in an effort to suppress it. I was hoping she hadn't heard me. That stupid laugh. I've always been pretty shit at holding in my laughter. I hope she doesn't think I'm laughing at her.

I froze when she locked eyes with me. It looked like she'd noticed me through her little makeup mirror thing.

I hope this means she didn't notice that I've been staring at her this entire time.

She turned to look straight up at me, my back against the wall opposite of her.

"Hi." Her voice sang softly.

"Heyyy." I squealed. I covered my mouth slightly with the back of my hand trying to hide my nervous smile. I got that under control quickly, and extended my hand out to her.

"My name's Pete."

She took my hand, her skin was so much softer than I had expected. It surprised me.

"Dahlia." She smiled. "Dahlia Coy."

"Ah!" I chuckled. "You—uhh—obviously aren't."

She shot me a confused look. "Pardon?"

"Very coy, I mean. Coy girls don't dance the way you do." I snickered at my own dumb joke. She wasn't on board for it.

She scrunched her nose up in a way that made it obvious she was chuckling just to be nice.

"Yeah, so true." She mumbled, tucking a tuft of hair back behind her ear.

Before I could compliment her outfit, the doors to the elevator opened with a chime.

"Could you direct me to Lorne's office, Pete?"

Maybe it was just me but the way she said my name, it just sent a chill down my back. It knotted my stomach hearing her say my name.

"Huh? Y-yeah, it's just down that hall and on the left." I took one hand out of my jacket pocket, pointing in the right direction.

She smiled at me genuinely. "Thank you."

I nodded, chuckling and mumbling something incoherent, something along the lines of 'you're welcome' but not really.

I watched as she strided down the hall, her hair bouncing behind her as her shoes clicked with each step.

I came back to earth when the elevator doors closed on me, knocking my shoulders before I pushed them apart again.

Stepping out, I searched in sight of her only to realize she had disappeared around the corner.

When she left, I just mentally scolded myself.

Ughh, what a fucking idiot I am. Good going, Pete, had the whole squad laughing.

God, what does she think of me?