golden.

"And all the things that I know, that your parents don't... They don't care like I do. Nowhere like I do..."

Pete rolled his eyes playfully as she sang above the crowd; God knows she couldn't hear herself over the music and everyone else, but in that moment it felt as though it was just her and Pete at the nightclub.

Dahlia wasn't fully drunk, although she had been drinking with him that night, she was rather intoxicated by the music.

He was worried they would get caught, she could tell.

"Come on, dance with me..." she pulled his ear down to her lips, hoping he had heard her over the stereos and every other girl screaming the lyrics.

"This isn't exactly club music to me." He spoke, giggling to himself at the choice of music this DJ decided to play.

"Suit yourself, sourpuss." She hissed playfully in his ear, faintly yet quickly licking his ear to catch his reaction.

He didn't jerk away like she was expecting, instead he pulled away surprised, a huge grin on his face and his cheeks redder than before he took shots.

She let go of his hand, going deeper through the crowd and dancing on a patch that opened up for her.

Maybe it was the liquor that made her dance to music she wouldn't usually dance to, maybe it was the nostalgic ties the song had for her. Either way, Dahlia knew she was enjoying herself.

She just felt bad Pete would rather be backed against a wall than dance with her.

Still moving to the beat of the song, her eyes intuitively darted past the crowd. They landed on a sight that made her heart leap.

Pete still standing where she left him, staring at her with stars in his eyes and a smile on his lips that made her melt.

Even though he realized he had been caught staring at her, Pete would rather be caught and confronted about it than break eye contact with her and ruin this moment.