four: the practice

Pete entered the main stage from the balcony, watching from afar partly to keep from making himself look like a doofus in front of her again. He caught her eyes light up when they shared a moment of contact. Their eyes locked for a second, but it was just enough for Pete to notice; and when she looked away, Pete couldn't help himself but stare at her.

They had just finished showing Dahlia the video, and she appeared to still be in a state of shock. Pete admits, he didn't really know who she was before the video took off. He asked around that morning on his way to work, through the group chat.

pete
anyone know who's the splits girl is? she seems vaguely familiar

bowen yang is typing...

chloe f.
im not sure exactly what she does but i know she's in fashion - she's essentially new york's it girl lol. i think she's also related to maximus oscar

pete
ok, who tf is that

At every red light, Pete would check his phone, still open on the last article he was reading about her.

Dahlia Coy: the Duchess of New York
Rumoured to be the heiress of luxury cosmetics brand Cherry Aphrodite;
Seen earlier this month canoodling with the Jack Veramente at the exclusive Eleven Madison Park;
From fashion enthusiast to partygirl?

Her reputation preceded her. His hesitancy to go up to her and introduce himself properly, or even be in the same space as her, was valid and more than justified.

Dazed and lost in his recollection of the first few events of his morning, when he had blinked back into reality, Dahlia was already on the stage where this week's musical guest would perform. She had slipped out of her black heels, setting them off aside somewhere near the stage. Pete only now realized the coat she had been wearing when they initially met in the elevator was now off; God knows where, he thought to himself.

To his surprise, she was dressed differently than the outfit she wore in the video. Although, he shouldn't be all that surprised; she smelled amazing for someone who had spent the previous night drinking and dancing.

Dahlia was just in her stockings, she was even shorter than Pete realized.

Pete watched as she slipped sensually out of her pencil skirt to reveal she had been wearing black biker shorts underneath. He felt as if he watching her at her most vulnerable, as if he were looking in through her window at night. He looked down at his feet for a moment before darting his eyes back at her figure from so far away. Her black lace top turned out to be a bodysuit, making a fine substitute for a leotard. It was almost as if she knew, coming this prepared to the studio, that she would have to dance for Lorne live.

The music began, Migos' Roadrunner, Dahlia took a long stride with her elongated leg as soon as the first note hit. She started her dance gracefully, moving softly yet quickly with the rhythm of the beat.

Once the beat dropped, she performed a layout, her leg straight out in front of her. Her movements grew sharp, quick, and precise. She moved as swiftly as the music did; her moves were simple, it was clear her mind was steadier than it was the night of the video. She amazed the cast with her arabesque, her leg hold, her pirouettes especially.

She completed a chasse, then spinning clockwise to land on the ball of her left foot, bouncing off of it like she was air. Her fouettés were elegant and flawless.

Of course, Pete didn't know what her moves were or how difficult they really were, but that didn't dampen his awe for such graceful motion to a fast paced beat.
Dahlia made it all look effortless.

Her back headspring is what really made the cast gasp, even Pete couldn't believe how nonchalant she pulled off such a defiance against the laws of gravity, instantly jumping into the next move without being a beat off.

Dahlia was met with applause when the song came to an end, everyone giving her a standing ovation as they rushed towards her, who was not noticeably out of breath.

Pete couldn't hear what Lorne was saying to her, even as he leaned against the guard railing.

Her lips pulled into a smile, her beam was gleaming white as clear as day. It was then Pete noticed the dimples in her cheeks. His stomach flipped again.

Just fucking talk to her, man, it's not that hard. Pete distressed.

You need to introduce yourself anyway, you guys'll be working together this week.

Pete sighed, running a hand through his hair as he backed away from the railing.

It's really no big deal. Just say hi, make her laugh, and make a good impression.

He watched her from the balcony, holding his gaze on her surrounded by his coworkers for a moment longer, before turning to head downstairs on ground level.