seventeen

trigger warning - drugs, alcohol, puke

holding hands.

~~~

Cedric

I woke up in the infirmary bandaged up.

Madam Pomfrey explained most of it for me.

Dumbledore visited me and explained how the scores ended up.

Effie visited me every day.

My friends visited every other day.

In a week I was out of the infirmary but had to visit every day to take medicine.

---

"So are you happy you can finally sleep in the dorms again?" Effie asked.

"Yeah very" I said.

She was looking over at some person behind me.

I wasn't stupid. I know people have been staring like crazy after my burns.

"Who now?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it" Effie said putting her attention on me again.

"It's been a day and I'm already sick of this. Who cares that I got burnt? They were all there when it happened so why all the staring?" I said huffing.

"I'm sure some are just curious but I agree it's absurd. People need to mind their business." Effie said.

Those two fifth years, Lucas and Tessa came and sat next to us. Lucas next to Effie and Tessa next to me. Lucas laid down a copy of the newpaper article.

Effie looked down at it.

"Lovebirds eh?" Lucas smirked.

I looked down to see a moving picture of Effie and I hugging.

Damn it. She didn't listen to father. He'll be upset about this.

Effie's face went pink.

I rolled my eyes.

"It's all rubbish" I said looking at it still.

"No good luck smooches?" Tessa mocked making kissing noises.

I shooed them away with my hand. They gave up and walked away.

"Those two need a life." I said.

"Hm" Effie replied.

---

The whole week people couldn't get their eyes off me.

Constantly people were coming up to me asking questions about my burns, the tournament, Effie and I, it's just been too much.

Father owled me about the whole situation saying he couldn't do much since it was already posted, the most he could do was stop production.

Cedric just kept looking forward to Christmas and break.

Today Ms. Sprout said she had an announcement for fourth years and up. No one really had a clue but assumed it had something to do with the tournament.

---

We all gathered in a large hall. Not as big as the great hall though.

"Alright! Hufflepuff house, as part of the Tri-Wizard tournament traditions, we will be holding the yule ball. It is a dance that takes place on Christmas night. It is for fourth years and up but you may invite a younger student if you like. It is primarily to celebrate the champions. All champions are required to come and bring a date. Now yes, it is a dance but it is still on school grounds so we are gonna be respectful of each other and the rules. While still having fun of course." Ms. Sprout announced.